website statistics

Women's Volleyball FIVB Nations League 2019

Totallympics

For the first time this year, I have enough time to fully watch a game of our NT, and wow, the girls are fighting with :NED for every point so far :bowdown: On you go ladies :cheer:

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

hace 26 minutos, VolleyRuller96 dijo:

Also, I gotta say I am impressed with :DOM performance this year :)  They already beat :BRAand :RUS, and now lead 1-0 vs :USA.

It is not so surprising considering they are almost complete with Team A. (1 or 2 less players) and Russia, Brazil and the USA are team B or C.

But it is a very talented team, I think they need a new coach.

We won 3-1, demolishing ::NED in the 1st and 4th set :clap:Sure, this is "just the Nations League", but still, I don't think we'd manage 2-3 years ago .  This tournament is shockingly good for us so far. This and the win in Montreux Volley Masters (our 1st ever) shows that something really good is starting to happen in our women NT. 

Not gonna lie, I feel a bit sentimental, as it's the women's team that actually  started my love for volley when I was a kid :clap: I still rememher the 2005 and (some of ;)) 2003 Euro like it was yesterday .

It is clear the girls have made incredible progress lately, and I hope it's only the beginning.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

I do not expect much from this Brazilian team, but I confess to having some positive surprises. Brazil is very weak in the opposite, but Paula seems to have potential, Tainara is another good name.

The big problem is Leia, I do not see great security in her and Brazil urgently needs a good libero, as Suelen and Gabi are horrible.

12 hours ago, hoversaBR said:

I do not expect much from this Brazilian team, but I confess to having some positive surprises. Brazil is very weak in the opposite, but Paula seems to have potential, Tainara is another good name.

The big problem is Leia, I do not see great security in her and Brazil urgently needs a good libero, as Suelen and Gabi are horrible.

What? I was impressed by her in the match against the Netherlands :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

hace 9 horas, heywoodu dijo:

What? I was impressed by her in the match against the Netherlands :d 

There are two Gabi. The Gabi libero was also OH, but changed position, the problem is that did not work very well. :lol:

50 minutes ago, hoversaBR said:

There are two Gabi. The Gabi libero was also OH, but changed position, the problem is that did not work very well. :lol:

Which one is the one that worked well, the 25-year old? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!