website statistics

Poll 74/100 | If you were given opportunity to replace 5 events at the Tokyo Olympic programme what changes would you bring in?*

5 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Running target was at the Olympics? 

yeah, as they already confirmed...

p.s. in my post I wrote 25m, but it should have been 10m...just like it was until 2004...

and yeah, it was quite an entertaining event among the shooting competitions...

Rhythmic gymnastics: out with the groups, in with mixed duets. Of course this would have been tough as this event has merely been shown as a gala event with no real competition so far.

Trampoline: out with individual trampoline, in with a "trampoline all-around" with tumbling, individual trampoline and double mini trampoline being competed by the same person. Once again, this is not a real event, but it would have been a lot more exciting than the current format, especially because individual trampoline is very boring, in my opinion.

Artistic swimming: out with duets, in with mixed duets.

Football: out with the traditional association football on field, in with beach soccer.

Wrestling: out with the old mat event, in with beach wrestling. I hate this sport anyway, so any change would be welcome.

Swimming: out with the 1500 m events, in with team 5 km open water, but with the format used a few years ago where swimmers would basically race against the clock. I liked it a lot, but I'm probably the only person in the world who wants it at the Olympics.