website statistics

Poll 10/100 | Who'll win the men's and women's field hockey gold?

Poll 10/100 | Field Hockey   

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who'll win gold in Men's Hockey?

• Belgium
    • Australia
    • Argentina
    • Netherlands
    • Spain
    • New Zealand
    • Germany
    • India
    • Great Britain
    • Any other
  2. 2. Who'll medal in women's hockey?

my picks...

men's Gold: Belgium...definitely the safest choice, as they've been the strongest team in the world by far in the last 3/4 years...

women's medallists: Netherlands (they can only lose the Gold medal by themselves), Argentina (at least, I hope they get a medal...vamos Leonas! :cheer:) and "any other" (meaning Australia)...

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

but hard to vote here for me, I do not know the real strength and form of all mentioned teams.

Can I borrow your words? haha

Anyway I voted for Belgium at mens, and Argentina for womens.

This sport is totally amateur here, I think so, because there isn't any info about it on sport media, not even in olympic media.

Having an idea, Ice Hockey is by far more popular than it.

Two of Netherlands' best players have a serious injury: Xan de Waard and Eva de Goede. Hopefully both can compete in Tokyo. The women have a good chance for the gold, but Germany always is a strong opponent and has improved a lot.

At the men's side my choice is for Belgium: by far the strongest and most technical team in the world. I expect a lot from India as well. Hopefully the Dutch men will fight for a medal, but I dont like the coach at all. He refuses to select young players. 

41 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Australia not even an option in the women's poll but india or Japan are :finger:

Well it was made on purpose. I may have some non qualified teams too as distractors just to check the option is chosen randomly or at least they have taken a minute to check something.