website statistics

Poll 8/100 | Who'll medal in Men's Football?

Poll 8/100  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who'll medall at Men's Football

The men's football competition is always strange and unpredictable to me, because the squads are by definition suboptimal. I have no idea who will play in the Olympics, even if I regularly watch football.

Either way, France and Brazil seem inevitable with the level of talent available in their countries. I voted Mexico for the 3rd medal, because I wasn't particularly impressed with Germany and Spain in the recent U21 Euro's. I can imagine countries like Mexico and Japan will give higher priority to the Olympic squad, while Spanish and German eligible players such as Ansu Fati, Pedri, Havertz, Musiala, etc. might not be in their respective squads.

I'll just hope it's not too different from adult football and go with some big-name countries :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

my pick: Japan (because it's the Host Nation and most likely the only one who's gonna take this tournament seriously), Argentina (because of their tradition in Olympic football and because the Country is always in my heart) and Mexico (I don't really know why...I just like them)...

37 minutes ago, dcro said:

Why aren't these options in alphabetic order? :p

Well I just type  the option I remember then crosscheck if I left any. Usually 1 favourite is on the top then others randomly jumbled. Very soon the options will start having a twist of their own.