website statistics

Weightlifting EWF European Championships 2021

Totallympics

Catching up from yesterday, but wow, it's just bizarre how low the level was in the women's -87kg category :yikes: 

I mean, there are women (plural) in the 59kg (!) category in this world who would very much be able to challenge for the gold there...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The Hungarian national sports newspaper is rather pessimistic about Nagy's quota, I think they are expecting that the quota is lost as one of the weightlifters from 109kg will likely use this opportunity to qualify for +109kg. 

This means that Hungary will likely fail to qualify any weightlifters for the Games for the first time since 1956. The final nail in the coffin of Hungarian weightlifting. 

7 minutes ago, Vektor said:

The Hungarian national sports newspaper is rather pessimistic about Nagy's quota, I think they are expecting that the quota is lost as one of the weightlifters from 109kg will likely use this opportunity to qualify for +109kg. 

This means that Hungary will likely fail to qualify any weightlifters for the Games for the first time since 1956. The final nail in the coffin of Hungarian weightlifting. 

Nagy will be ahead of the Austrian guy, I think the only problem is if Bulgaria choose 109 instead of 61 and there should be the risk for Ruiz (Spa) to finish out from the qualification in 109 and choosing the +109 where he will be easily qualified, but it's really difficult..... 

1 hour ago, Andry84 said:

Difficult to say, he should be good for European spot if Orsag stay in top 8 and Mart Seim doesn't show in Colombia. 

I would bet that Kučera will jump Orság and he might be available for OG spot. I for Nagy, I think there is a good chance for him. 

39 minutes ago, Mecki83 said:

Does anyone know when the Olympic Ranking will be updated? From my understanding the updated ranking should be really close to the final ranking, correct?

whenever they feel they like it :d there is no rule to update the ranking for example exactly at the 1st day of month. they usually update it when they upload the result of that specific competition in their result section , still no results from the European Championship.

https://www.iwf.net/new_bw/results_by_events/