website statistics

Ice Hockey 2015 - 2016 Discussion Thread

hckošice

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Following Nation Have Qualified for Women´s IIHF Ice Hockey Division I Group B World Championships 2017

• :POL Poland

In live score I see that Great Britain is first and qualified to Division I group B :mumble:

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, rybak said:

In live score I see that Great Britain is first and qualified to Division I group B :mumble:

Impossible. I explained the tiebraker in the previous page. all 3 teams has their own standing mini table of head to head matches. all 3 teams have 3 points, and the same goal difference, but you scored more goals in h2h confrontations , you have score 3-3, GBR and KOR have 2-2, so you are first.

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Impossible. I explained the tiebraker in the previous page. all 3 teams has their own standing mini table of head to head matches. all 3 teams have 3 points, and the same goal difference, but you scored more goals in h2h confrontations , you have score 3-3, GBR and KOR have 2-2, so you are first.

Yeah, you're right and I believe you, I just wrote that live scores says that GB is first :d 

And, it's very big success for our women's ice hockey :clap:

2 minutes ago, rybak said:

Yeah, you're right and I believe you, I just wrote that live scores says that GB is first :d 

And, it's very big success for our women's ice hockey :clap:

Congrats :d

Also your U18 team is in the best way to advance, you just need to not lost with Lithuania in regular time, and still if this by I don´t know by how such miracle will happen, you just need that Romania win his match also in regular time against GB in the last match.

Running in the family

Meet Luxembourg's prolific father and son duo

c0ad977f9d.jpg

Luxembourg’s father-and-son duo Robert and Thierry Beran at the ice rink in Istanbul during the 2016 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Division III.

Sharing a burning passion for the game, their age difference of 23 years goes unnoticable out on the ice as Luxembourg's Robert and Thierry Beran set their sights on equalling the record set by one of the game's all-time greats.

Overcoming their disappointment not to be travelling back home with a medal, Luxembourg finished off the 2016 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Division III in Istanbul all smiles during their final day 13-0 win against Bosnia and Herzegovina to finish fourth. Influential in their win was Luxembourg's second line where Thierry Beran recorded 4+0 and Robert Beran notched 2+2 in a father and son combination complementing each other out on the ice.

He has a better shot and is also stronger than me so he doesn't get checked as easily, says 24-year-old Thierry about his father Robert. "But I think I skate and handle the puck better."

When it comes to father and son combinations in hockey, Gordie Howe, one of the finest players ever to grace the game, famously even played with both of his sons, Mark and Marty on the same line. In Luxembourg, Robert and Thierry Beran first started playing competitive games as linemates seven years ago for Tornado Luxembourg and suited up for the national team together at the 2011 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Division III in Cape Town, South Africa.

The story of how the duo came to have a big impact in Luxembourger ice hockey dates back to the early 1990s. Robert, originally from Martin in Slovakia, was then in his early 20s and had in theory hung up his skates after sustaining a knee injury. One sunny day an old friend contacted him and little did he know what changes it would bring to his life.

A team mate of mine from my time as a player at Banska Bystrica, Ivan Oskem, asked me to come to Luxembourg and play in a tournament just for fun, says Robert. "There I met Alain Schneider, today President of our national ice hockey federation, who asked me if I wanted to stay in Luxembourg and that he could get me a job."

Soon after his arrival he met Thierry's mother and the rest is history. With hockey in Luxembourg not having the same physical constraints as the top end of the Slovak leagues, Robert was able to return to the game and in the process got Thierry introduced to the game from an early age.

Already from the age of four-five I liked hockey and always saw him play for the senior team. It was my big wish to join him and be a part of the family, because in Luxembourg ice hockey is like a big family, because everybody knows each other, says Thierry.

Over a decade upon touching down in Luxembourg, Robert Beran got his citizenship in the country he made his home and made his World Championship debut at the age of 34. Between 2005 and 2009 he was Luxembourg's leading scorer for points at World Championship level. In the meantime, he also had spells as coaching the Luxembourg junior national teams as Thierry was coming of age as a player. When Thierry was 17 they made their competitive debut together, which according to Thierry can be challenging at times.

It is fun, but it is also very difficult. I try to play my own game, but he is always trying to show me how I could do it better, but I realize that he actually is right in what he is trying to teach me, he says about Robert, who also carries a lot of respect from his peers inside the dressing room of the national team.

He is very valuable for our team. When he speaks, everybody is quiet, because we know he is very experienced so we listen, Thierry continues.

Thierry, who plays his club hockey for Tornado Luxembourg in the French fourth tier while Robert is suiting up for Beaufort, from the eastern part of Luxembourg, which competes in the fifth tier in Germany. While Robert is now back coaching juniors, Thierry attended the Learn to Play instructor program at the 2015 IIHF Hockey Development Camp in Vierumaki and looks set to get more involved with the coaching side as of next year, as injury scares taught him that the playing days might come to an end at some point.

While Robert managed to return to the game following his knee injury sustained in his youth, Thierry broke his hip during an exhibition match a week before the 2013 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Division III on home ice in Luxembourg and was out of the game for around nine months.

But despite their injury setbacks, they both vow to soldier on. Robert, who will turn 47 this summer, played this year's World Championship in Istanbul with a broken rib and is showing no signs of contemplating giving up on his playing days.

I will be playing until I am unable to do so anymore, says Robert, while for Thierry, he is aware that his serious injury sustained three years ago might shorten his career but being forced to hang up his skates before his old man would be a bitter pill to swallow.

I hope not, but the doctors say my injury can get worse, so it is risky, but I love this game so much that I will have to continue and try to do my best, says Thierry, who together with his dad also has another reason to keep on going.

I have a younger brother, Markus, who plays hockey and is 14 years old, so in three years maybe he will be good enough to play with us on the same line.

Now that would be quite something. Even in comparison with Gordie Howe.

Great success this year!! :), Woman, u-18, u-20 almost with France, Senior Team advanced to final oqt...now just last step ahead of us (i`m not affraid of Lithuania u-18)

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

Division II Group A world championships 2016 in Jaca (ESP) start today,

all matches are streamed here

Schedule for todays Day 1

• 13:00  Belgium - Iceland
  • 16:30  Serbia - Netherlands
  • 20:00  China - Spain

times in cet (GMT +2)

Edited by hckosice

ROAD TO

IIHF MEN´S ICE HOCKEY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS 2016

WM.gif

FRIENDLY MATCHES

:DEN Denmark  3 - 4  Latvia :LAT    

(Score by Period: 1-1, 2-1, 0-2)

9th April 2016, h. 15:00 (GMT +2)

:BLR Belarus  8 - 1  France :FRA    

(Score by Period: 1-1, 2-0, 5-0)

9th April 2016, h. 14:30 (GMT +3)

Even we lost 2 - 3 it was a good game for our guys. I still believe we can be first this year and back to the first division. At last our team improve  a lot this year, we play much better than in previous years