website statistics

Bobsleigh at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

George_D

vor 7 Minuten schrieb juddy96:

So this is the part where I'm supposed to mumble about losing a "safe" gold right?

Who did consider it a safe gold? Did you miss the world cup? If Drazek wouldn't have torn her ligaments, Canada wouldn't have won a medal at all, so i guess you should rather be happy today about this surprising medal.

Edit: Of course also about the surprising gold in men's ski cross. Only the curling results have been a bit weak today for Germany.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

My heart warms by the McNeill/Moore interview on the BBC :wub:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Nate River said:

Really disappointed for Elana Meyers Taylor, if it couldn't be Humphries I was hoping it would be her. She's been so consistent over the last eight years. Oh well.

But so entirely depending on the starts...honestly I prefer a great driver like Humphries (or Jamanka) winning it :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, Nate River said:

What a disappointing result for Germany. Only a gold medal? On the world cup circuit Germany swept every single race! Jamanka usually wins platinum medals! Disgusting, Germany is having horrible Olympics.

And Austria clearly overperformed again. They must be the luckiest nation ever.

#banbestmen

5 minutes ago, Nate River said:

Just hot the press: despite rumors of her retirement, Kaillie Humphries has confirmed she plans to be at the Beijing 2022 games. She is also planing on lobbying hard for the women's four-man event to be included.

Hopefully they'll add women's four-man to the World Cups within a year or two, so having a competitive field already in 2026 could possibly be realistic :)