website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

I still remover the days where we don’t have to worry about people voting for Neo-Nazis. Fun times we live in.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

@Olympian1010 Can you explain the whole DNC system?? delegates, super delegates. I got confused reading about it on wiki. Why are we going through all this now if in the convention they can still select anyone they want. 

I have another question, why is DNC using this complicated unfair system to select presidential nominee instead of direct vote count? 

12 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

@Olympian1010 Can you explain the whole DNC system?? delegates, super delegates. I got confused reading about it on wiki. Why are we going through all this now if in the convention they can still select anyone they want. 

What you should understand about the DNC is that they are essentially “the party” in the most communist sense. That’s why I’m not registered as a Democrat (at least one of the major reasons). The primaries are essentially worthless really. There’s a good possibility Sanders wins every primary, but Bloomberg or Buttigieg win the nomination. 

The system is a major point of contention between the moderate and progressive factions of the party. DNC Chair elections almost tore the party apart last time. I’m anti-Perez, and I think he’s done a crappy job as DNC Chairman.

It’s also worth pointing out that most electoral college delegates are not bound to vote for the candidate their state voted for. So shoddy “democratic” institutions are kind of an American tradition.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

14 minutes ago, Dolby said:

I have another question, why is DNC using this complicated unfair system to select presidential nominee instead of direct vote count? 

The Party cough*money*cough can handpick the candidate. The DNC is actually worse than the GOP in many aspects, and this is one of them.

USA really needs a third major party to make those fat cats think of something else. The two big parties either have a President or a majority in Senate/House of Representatives. So they always hold some kind of power at any given point in time. How often it happened that one party actually had all three offices under control? I guess not that often?

46 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

USA really needs a third major party to make those fat cats think of something else. The two big parties either have a President or a majority in Senate/House of Representatives. So they always hold some kind of power at any given point in time. How often it happened that one party actually had all three offices under control? I guess not that often?

Republicans did 2016-2018