website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Helicopter with Iran's president has gone missing. Talks about anything from a hard landing to a crash, 2 hours without any contact with Raisi or his team, and the dozens of search teams are hampered by awful weather.

Actually the weather itself is great in that part of the country. just too much fog. , that's in middle of a jungle though. hard to reach

nothing official yet but it's hard to believe they know nothing after 5 hours. the way they are handling the news it feels like we lost the dumbest politician ever. he was stupid funny sometimes and completely irrelevant 

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Actually the weather itself is great in that part of the country. just too much fog. , that's in middle of a jungle though. hard to reach

nothing official yet but it's hard to believe they know nothing after 5 hours. the way they are handling the news it feels like we lost the dumbest politician ever. he was stupid funny sometimes and completely irrelevant 

Is it true he had a farsi nickname which translates to “ butcher of Iran” ? 
As he passed orders to execute numerous civilians. 

2 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Does the ayatollah ever travel in helicopter? :p crazy how those things have existed for decades and are still quite unsafe. I'd never get on one.

Everybody laughs at :PRK Fat Boy Kim because he travels everywhere by train.  Not so dumb now, eh?  :raspberry:

15 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Does the ayatollah ever travel in helicopter? :p crazy how those things have existed for decades and are still quite unsafe. I'd never get on one.

Still significantly safer than cars, overall :p (but to be fair, I'd have to get over a bit of a bar to get into one as well :d)

I think it also depends on where in the world one would fly in one. Like, there's places where I'd barely feel safe driving over a bridge....

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

47 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

Is it true he had a farsi nickname which translates to “ butcher of Iran” ? 
As he passed orders to execute numerous civilians. 

Yes and No

not exactly that term but I heard the word butcher about him before . but that was mostly before his presidency term. before that he was more an unknown person, with a dangerous background. but when he became "so called president" he was more like a stupid funny dumb guy people mock in a daily basis. I doubt anybody remember that nickname anymore

I have to give you guys a history lesson , I try to make it short :d

back in 1980s there was a very extremist group, in English called MEK (the remaining of them are living in Albania now, somehow the Iranian version of ISIS) at some point they sided with Iraq's dictator Saddam during the Iran/Iraq war and directly attacked Iran with a large group of soldiers. they got trapped and killed in "Operation Mersad". 

but because of that Khomeini decided to "end" this group once for all. there were lots of MEK prisoners back in Iran ,most of them sanctioned with a short term, 2 or 3 years in jail. all of them had a re-trial. a very short one. 2 or 3 minutes with few questions and one wrong answer led you to receiving death penalty. (and they didn't know that, they thought it's just routine questioning) keep in mind they had nothing to do with the attack, they were in jail already. most of them were just supporting that group, not being part of their military actions. while being there, they also dealt with some other communist/leftist groups too with the same way.

those re-trials administered by a group of 4 judges (nowadays being called the "death committee") and Raeisi was one of them, he was young at the time and knowing his dumb personality, I don't think he had a big say in that group but still a part of it. so nobody is going to miss him (if he is really dead), except his stupid dumb mistakes.

Edited by MHSN