website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

3 hours ago, konig said:

I agree with you in the first part.......but comparing Milei with Lopez Obrador is really tough for Milei, in my case, im libertarian and he represents well the ideology, in Argentina we dont have a libertarian president since Marcelo T De Alvear (1922-1928) and Milei is the hope for that, sadly,  our PRI doesnt want to Argentina scape from extreme poverty.

Apparently against abortion, even in the case of rape (like a 10-year old (!) being raped and getting pregnant, but his main worry seemed to have been the abortion and calling the abortion as much of a crime....dude), doesn't want school children to learn the basics about sex in school, sceptic about COVID vaccines, supports free gun possession, denying climate change, one of those people who say others 'decide to be homosexual', etc.

Every single point sounds like the typical Trump/Bolsonaro/conspiracy nut :p 

(of course this all comes from English-language things like the ever-so-reliable Wikipedia, so if these things aren't actually true about him, or exaggerated, I'd like to know :p)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, bestmen said:

China sent 6 warships to Gaza 

Time to prepare my popcorn 

:yikes::yikes::yikes: Is it the freedom of speech we are longing for?

BTW to be practical, China is busy struggling with its economic problems currently and it has no desire or motivation to be dragged into the middle east conflicts though most people feel sympathy for Palestinian civilians.

26 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

:yikes::yikes::yikes: Is it the freedom of speech we are longing for?

BTW to be practical, China is busy struggling with its economic problems currently and it has no desire or motivation to be dragged into the middle east conflicts though most people feel sympathy for Palestinian civilians.

Ok

but what about :TPE ???

5 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

Ok

but what about :TPE ???

Different people have different views about it and it varies a lot. What most people would agree is that China should be smart enough to avoid a war. A hot war is the dumbest way to deal with a issue.

7 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Different people have different views about it and it varies a lot. What most people would agree is that China should be smart enough to avoid a war. A hot war is the dumbest way to deal with a issue.

Good point. I wonder if China will be smart enough here.

17 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

And what about China in Sri Lanka?

From China’s perspective,  Sri Lanka is one of many countries with financial services and infrastructure contracts with China. It’s not more special than others, what may be a bit of unique is that it was facing a default while others were not.

5 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

And what about Chins in Tanzania? Zanzibar ?

As I said. They may or maybe not on the list of 120 countries with lending relationships and 150 countries with infrastructure contracts with China. I can’t memorize all of them and their uniqueness. And I have to admit I even never hear the name Zanzibar before. Most of time I just don’t know and don’t care. Still thanks for your appreciation of those idk projects.