website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Still not authorised by the USA president when Putin authorised and paid for Russia Doping. 

And who authorised Nike sponsoring Salazar's doping factory? Nike has a bigger budget than the entire Africa so spare me the excuses.

Unless of course you want to tell me that privately sponsored doping is okay and should be endorsed?

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

And who authorised Nike sponsoring Salazar's doping factory? Nike has a bigger budget than the entire Africa so spare me the excuses.

Unless of course you want to tell me that privately sponsored doping is okay and should be endorsed?

Anyway how can you be so angry about Salazar but be so pro Russia.

2 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Your comment shows even more hyperbole than me.

Russia should start in Olympics, systematif doping is probably the same like in US. US is few steps before others as always.  So mamy US athlete starts after doping suspension, probably more  are under umbrella. US has an access to new ways of doping due to modern technology. Marion Jones, Justin Gatlon, Gwen Berry, Kelli White, Rollins etc. Probably we will now more about doping in US in next 10-15 years.   USA  are cheaters in doping ways and in many diffrent ways using this power of big country. This is next example which is fairy awful, and it is not fair. 

29 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Michael Johnson - while American he admits to not being in favour of the mixed relay - said earlier the DSQ was likely to be overturned as he believed it to have been done wrongly. 

It very likely was. The same thing was going to happen in the second heat, but the athletes themselves realised the officials had got it wrong and rushed back into the correct position just as the incoming runners were approaching. 

18 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, Dwain Chambers gave us tips for free :p

Thing about Dwain was that he was actually punished far more harshly than any other athlete of his own or this era.  He had to pay back all his winnings, had all his medals annulled, was forbidden from all Diamond League meets for life & served a full two year ban.  After his ban he was only allowed to run in Championship races for which he had qualified through the British trials. 

When does that ever happen now?  No-one ever pays back their winnings, only results from one year are cancelled, medals from previous years still stand & the Diamond League & other commercial circuits welcome all dopers back with open arms and full wallets.

24 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Russia should start in Olympics, systematif doping is probably the same like in US. US is few steps before others as always.  So mamy US athlete starts after doping suspension, probably more  are under umbrella. US has an access to new ways of doping due to modern technology. Marion Jones, Justin Gatlon, Gwen Berry, Kelli White, Rollins etc. Probably we will now more about doping in US in next 10-15 years.   USA  are cheaters in doping ways and in many diffrent ways using this power of big country. This is next example which is fairy awful, and it is not fair. 

In US Athletics there is no single powerful governing body, there are only rival groups of athletes. So when Salazar / Nike are accused of doping, it is the Adidas, Reebok & New Balance groups who are the most eager to see them banned.  This is not the way in Russia. 

7 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Thing about Dwain was that he was actually punished far more harshly than any other athlete of his own or this era.  He had to pay back all his winnings, had all his medals annulled, was forbidden from all Diamond League meets for life & served a full two year ban.  After his ban he was only allowed to run in Championship races for which he had qualified through the British trials. 

When does that ever happen now?  No-one ever pays back their winnings, only results from one year are cancelled, medals from previous years still stand & the Diamond League & other commercial circuits welcome all dopers back with open arms and full wallets.

And he did say he doped for performance gains. He must be looking at Justin Gatlin soaking up all the Nike cash and think WTF. I have to say I'm not really mad at Chambers anymore. At least he was honest in the end. Put that against Marion Jones who even lied to FBI, she was so far in her denial :lol: