website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

1 hour ago, Swewi said:

Long jump silver medalist Michel Torneus was not qualified for rio yet (8.21 in final was wind 2.1. Last day to qualify he jumps 8.44 swedish record!!

/fabwin

Nice to see you're alive and well :p TISC really missed you.

1 minute ago, OlympicIRL said:

Does anybody know if Japan are refusing their men's 4x400m relay quota? They didn't name them in the official team and I heard something about them only entering their best 3 relay disciplines for the Olympics.

Exactly what I was asking one or two days ago, I'm still curious :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Does anybody know if Japan are refusing their men's 4x400m relay quota? They didn't name them in the official team and I heard something about them only entering their best 3 relay disciplines for the Olympics.

None of their women's relay teams are in qualification position (unlike men's). So I don't see them declining a relay in which they actually qualified.

#banbestmen

3 minuty temu, bestmen napisał:

this event didn't shows the potentiality of some countries

some stars dindn't participate like Lemaitre :FRA

and all the Russians

and the naturalization killed the joy of some

Some of Polish good athletes also not competed here, so ;)

2 minutes ago, bestmen said:

this event didn't shows the potentiality of some countries

some stars dindn't participate like Lemaitre :FRA

and all the Russians

and the naturalization killed the joy of some

Lemaitre might be a star, he probably would not have added a lot in the sprints here since he's not anywhere near his best shape this year. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, rybak said:

Some of Polish good athletes also not competed here, so ;)

Like in every championships there are some things like that of course :d

Schippers didn't run the 200m, or else we had a very good chance to win one more gold medal. Hassan just used this championships as a way to start getting back in shape and getting some rhythm, if she was in top shape we had a good chance to win another gold medal. 

Mitchell-Blake and Zharnel Hughes were still fighting injuries or else GBR might have a very good gold medal chance or even two more medal chances. And so on :p 

1 minute ago, dcro said:

None of their women's relay teams are in qualification position (unlike men's). So I don't see them declining a relay in which they actually qualified.

I doubt they will either.... so we miss out by 0.07. Ugh, I hate these constant near misses. This cycle has been really hard to be an Irish fan with all these near misses :(:(:(. It's been a gloomy 2 years.