website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

3 minuty temu, OlympicsFan napisał:

Who?

For example Kamila Lićwinko, Patryk Dobek, both of them had real chances for medals and Tomasz Majewski. They all missed those championships because chosen preparing to Rio in calm. Also Krystian Zalewski could won medal here if wouldn't be injured.

vor 32 Minuten schrieb rybak:

For example Kamila Lićwinko, Patryk Dobek, both of them had real chances for medals and Tomasz Majewski. They all missed those championships because chosen preparing to Rio in calm. Also Krystian Zalewski could won medal here if wouldn't be injured.

Licwinko maybe couldve challenged for Gold, but the other 3 not. In the end you clearly profited from the fact that most other nations were missing even more of their best athletes. I think of all your medal winners Kszczot, Malachowski, Fajdek, Wlodarczyk and maybe Nowicki have a Chance for a medal in Rio. The good Thing for you is that you have 2 almost safe Gold medals in hammer throw.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

well, the Europeans 2016 ended.

what to say from SVK view? better not say anything and as usual try to forgot this as soon as possible :d the fact that 32 european nations won medals but SVk not is just ... don´t even know how to describe this shame. great 33rd position in the medal table with Andorra, Gibraltar and Malta...and Romania at least we are not the only one :lol:

but in overall we had a nice and watchable championships, ok, not so much impressive results and performances, too many africans starting under new countries especially Turkey is definitely the worst thing about this tournament, IAAF have to find a way how to stop or at least limit this because in few years this sport will be a real bullshit and will lost many fans...

Congrats to all medalists and finalists, Amsterdam was a great host, maybe the thing with medal ceremonies outside of the main venue is a doubtful idea, at least I disliked it a lot. also the next host hopefully will remove this idiotic rule about 12 automatically prequalified athletes especially in races 400m, 400H etc, because it´s really not fair, especially if there 3 races in 3 days, to automatically put 12 racers directly to the semis and give them automatically the best lines, even they didn´t run at all is just unfair and wrong..ofc it´s only my opinion...

well thats all for Euro 2016 next major athletics meeting is the OG so already looking forward for the start :bounce:

12 minutes ago, hckosice said:

also the next host hopefully will remove this idiotic rule about 12 automatically prequalified athletes especially in races 400m, 400H etc, because it´s really not fair, especially if there 3 races in 3 days, to automatically put 12 racers directly to the semis and give them automatically the best lines, even they didn´t run at all is just unfair and wrong..ofc it´s only my opinion...

I completely agree with almost all athletics fans I talked to on Twitter about this: it's a very good idea for championships in Olympic years, because it simply means you will have serious championships instead of only B-athletes, while in non-Olympic years they shouldn't do this :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

34 minuty temu, OlympicsFan napisał:

Licwinko maybe couldve challenged for Gold, but the other 3 not. In the end you clearly profited from the fact that most other nations were missing even more of their best athletes. I think of all your medal winners Kszczot, Malachowski, Fajdek, Wlodarczyk and maybe Nowicki have a Chance for a medal in Rio. The good Thing for you is that you have 2 almost safe Gold medals in hammer throw.

I don't expect more medals in Rio for us. Maybe only in men's pole vault someone of 3 our jumpers can achieve something good, I mean here medal.

Who was missing from Germany, except R. Harting?

vor 1 Stunde schrieb rybak:

I don't expect more medals in Rio for us. Maybe only in men's pole vault someone of 3 our jumpers can achieve something good, I mean here medal.

Who was missing from Germany, except R. Harting?

I think the worst possible result for you would be 2 Gold (mens and womens hammer throw) and 1 silver (mens discus). You also have a good Chance for a medal in mens 800m and womens high jump and smaller medal chances in mens 50km race Walking, mens 400m hurdles, mens pole vault, mens shot put, mens discus throw (Urbanek), mens hammer throw (Nowicki), womens 800m and womens 1500m. My prediction would be that you win 2 golds (mens hammer throw, womens hammer throw) and 4 more medals (mens discus throw, mens 800m, womens high jump and a second medal in mens discus/hammer throw).

We were missing the following athletes:

Holzdeppe (mens pole vault)

Abele, Kazmirek (mens decathlon)

Harting (mens discus throw)

Klosterhalfen (womens 1500m)

Moguenara (womens Long jump)

Obergföll (womens javelin throw) (She wasnt nominated, but will probably be in Rio instead of Molitor, the current world Champion)

Lückenkemper didnt run womens 100m individually

Schäfer (womens heptathlon)

All of them, maybe except for Klosterhalfen, couldve won a medal (at least if fit) and i think we will see all of them in Rio.

Edit: I forgot Weber (mens javelin throw), he wasnt nominated but threw 88.04m today and should be in Rio together with Vetter and Röhler. German javelin throwers are now 1st (Röhler), 2nd (Vetter) and 4th (Weber) in world ranking.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

I cannot describe how happy I am that Sara won. Both because such a win is huge for danish athletics (only our 4th European Champion (6 including indoor champions) - the first female champion).

But even more because it's her. It is such a huge pleasure to see her. A lovely personality and a lovely smile, which is only more fantastic when she's with her child.