website statistics

Athletics IAAF Diamond League 2017

heywoodu

vor 26 Minuten schrieb dcro:

It's a trend with Bolt. Triple gold is 100% happening. 9.76 for gold.

Didnt he say that he wont do the 200 in London?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• 5 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, rybak said:

Today during Diamond League in Birmingham we could see for the first time hammer throw competition, where ofc Fajdek and Fiodorow won :d

It's like they did this just to make people think "we don't want hammer throw in the DL".....come on, 3 men and 3 women, really? 

They gave Farah a nice B-field indeed, didn't want to repeat the drama of the 5000m in London :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

And that 2.40m from Barshim, damn that was one hell of a jump :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minut temu, heywoodu napisał:

It's like they did this just to make people think "we don't want hammer throw in the DL".....come on, 3 men and 3 women, really? 

Maybe more athletes doesn't want compete?

Edit: Anyway it's better that nothing.

Edited by rybak

4 minutes ago, rybak said:

Maybe more athletes doesn't want compete?

Surely for an event where people are saying "we should be in the DL!" it's possible to find more than 3 athletes who want to take the rare chance to actually compete in a DL event? 

7 minut temu, heywoodu napisał:

Surely for an event where people are saying "we should be in the DL!" it's possible to find more than 3 athletes who want to take the rare chance to actually compete in a DL event? 

Maybe other hammer throwers didn't knew that they could compete here, or as Włodarczyk, after World Championships decided to finish the season? They should give chance to compete in DL before World Championships, then for sure more athletes would want compete.

Edited by rybak

Yeah, that was just fantastic. 1000m walk vs 1400m run, brilliant. Can't wait for the 130m (human) vs 250m (horse). 

I dont know if it was discussed before, but am i the only one not crazy with this format? didnt really think about it until now that we reached the finals, but they basically turned the diamond league into another olympic games or world championships, with several qualifying round and a one and done final. Shouldn't the eventual winner be based on the entire season of achievements, and not just one race? for that we already have Olympic Games and World Championships

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• I guess that including or excluding a sport is just a part of some bigger agenda. Political, economical and so on. Sport itself is of lesser importance. IOC wont mind a (un)popularity of a sport if they have a bigger cause to fullfil.  These are facts but on mainstream media its rarely seen.
    • Not really sure where else to put this but Matthew Richardson has switched nationalities from  to     https://www.instagram.com/p/C-2KNF5ONxw/?igsh=MTIxdTRrMTRiZTN1
    • My fear is that every sports/disciplines not on the program will see it as a way in, and we end up with the World Games + Ski&Ice
    • Summer Olympics, hell yeah I’m all for it!    Winter Olympics, absolutely not.    Cross-country running events are held in the winter, but that doesn’t make it a winter sport, sorry. There is one caveat though if it were to, let’s say get added to to the Olympic program hypothetically, because it would weaken the strength of distance fields drastically due to scheduling.    Edit: None of this is directed at you, just the idiots (like Coe) that think this (putting a summer sport in the winter Olympics, not cross country running at the Olympics) is a good idea…
    • Normally I’d agree, but we need to flush out flag football first
    • Team Slovakia   Goaltenders:   Denis Godla (Slovan Bratislava) Samuel Hlavaj (Iowa Wild, AHL, ) Stanislav Škorvánek (Mountfield Hradec Králové, )   Defencers:   Peter Čerešňák (Dynamo Pardubice, ) Martin Fehérváry (Washington Capitals, NHL, ) Mário Grman (Admiral Vladivostok, KHL, ) Martin Gernát (Lokomotiv Yaroslavl, KHL, ) Michal Ivan (Bílí Tygři Liberec, ) Samuel Kňažko (Cleveland Monsters, AHL, ) Patrik Koch (HC Utah, NHL, ) Šimon Nemec (New Jersey Devils, NHL, )   Forwards:   Marek Hrivík (Leksands IF, ) Miloš Kelemen (HC Utah, NHL, ) Róbert Lantoši (Bílí Tygři Liberec, ) Adam Liška (Severstal Cherepovets, KHL, ) Lukáš Cingel (HC Kometa Brno, ) Kristián Pospíšil (HC Kometa Brno, ) Martin Pospíšil (Calgary Flames, NHL, ) Miloš Roman (HC Oceláři Třinec, ) Libor Hudáček (HC Oceláři Třinec, ) Pavol Regenda (Anaheim Ducks, NHL, ) Marián Studenič (Färjestad BK, ) Matúš Sukeľ (HC Verva Litvínov, ) Adam Sýkora (Hartford Wolf Pack, AHL, ) Tomáš Tatar (New Jersey Devils, NHL, )
    • FINAL QUALIFYING ROUND   Round-Robin August 29th - September 1st, 2024 12 Nations, 3 Groups, the 1st Nation from each Group will qualify for the Men´s Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2026   Group F Central European Summer Time (GMT +2)   Norway   vs  Japan Period-by-Period: August 29th 2024, h. 15:30, Aalborg Arena, Aalborg   Denmark   vs  Great Britain Period-by-Period: August 29th 2024, h. 19:30, Aalborg Arena, Aalborg   Norway   vs  Great Britain Period-by-Period: August 30th 2024, h. 15:30, Aalborg Arena, Aalborg   Japan   vs  Denmark Period-by-Period: August 30th 2024, h. 19:30, Aalborg Arena, Aalborg   Great Britain   vs  Japan Period-by-Period: September 1st 2024, h. 12:30, Aalborg Arena, Aalborg   Denmark   vs  Norway Period-by-Period: September 1st 2024, h. 16:30, Aalborg Arena, Aalborg   Group F Final Standing   Nation P W(OTW) L(OTL) GF GA +/- Pt. Denmark 0 0(0) 0(0) 0 0 0 0 Great Britain 0 0(0) 0(0) 0 0 0 0 Japan 0 0(0) 0(0) 0 0 0 0 Norway 0 0(0) 0(0) 0 0 0 0 The following Nation have qualified for the Men´s Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2026 TBD
    • Paralympic and US Open schedules are still TBD, usually I figure that type of stuff out the day of. Next few days I’ll also be scouring through the internet in search of some athletics meets (because well, barely any sports), as well as doing some real life stuff, Totallympics stuff, watching some Netflix movies that are about to get removed from the app, and whatever else I can think of    Today (August 19) 12:00 PM: Tennis - Cincinnati Open - Women’s Singles Final - Sabalenka v. Pegula 3:00 PM: Tennis - Cincinnati Open - Men’s Singles Final - Sinner v. Tiafoe   Tomorrow Absolutely nothing.    Wednesday (August 21)   12:00 AM: Beach Volleyball - Elite16 Hamburg Qualification   Thursday (August 22) 11:00 PM: Beach Volleyball - Elite16 Hamburg Main Draw (technically starts the day before, but I’ll be watching throughout the night so) 11:00 AM: Athletics - Lausanne Diamond League   Friday (August 23) 11:00 PM: Beach Volleyball - Elite16 Hamburg Main Draw   Saturday (August 24) 1:00 AM: Beach Volleyball - Elite16 Hamburg Round of 12/Quarterfinals   Sunday (August 25) 1:00 AM: Beach Volleyball - Elite16 Hamburg Semifinals/Medal Matches 7:00 AM: Athletics - Silesia Diamond League 10:00 AM: 3x3 Basketball - Women’s Series Debrecen   Monday (August 26) 8:00 AM: US Open - Men’s/Women’s Singles Round 1   Tuesday (August 27) 1:45 AM: Men’s Flag Football World Championships - Group Stage - Canada v. Italy 3:00 AM: Women’s Flag Football World Championships - Group Stage - Canada v. Italy 8:00 AM: Men’s Flag Football World Championships - Group Stage - Canada v. Singapore 8:00 AM: US Open - Men’s/Women’s Singles Round 1 11:15 PM: Women’s Flag Football World Championships - Group Stage - Canada v. Denmark   Wednesday (August 28) 1:45 AM: Men’s Flag Football World Championships - Group Stage - Canada v. Finland 8:00 AM: US Open - Men’s/Women’s Singles Round 2 10:30 AM: Paralympics - Pre-Opening/Opening Ceremony   Thursday (August 29) 11:20 PM: Paralympics - first bit of action 10:00 AM: Ice Hockey - Olympic Qualifier - Latvia v. Slovenia   Friday (August 30) 11:20 PM: Paralympics - more action  9:15 AM: Flag Football World Championships - Men’s Final - TBD 10:00 AM: Ice Hockey - Olympic Qualifier - Latvia v. Ukraine 10:30 AM: Flag Football World Championships - Women’s Final - TBD (depends, I’ll focus on hockey though) 12:00 PM: Athletics - Diamond League Rome (I’m focusing on hockey)   Saturday (August 31) 11:20 PM: More Paralympics  During, or after: More US Open (depends on what’s on)   Sunday (September 1) 11:20 PM: More Paralympics  7:00 AM: Ice Hockey - Olympic Qualifier - Latvia v. France (30 minutes later is Denmark v. Norway, unfortunately I’ll probably miss it) 8:30 AM: 3x3 Basketball - Men’s World Tour Debrecen (watching the latter knockout matches)   Monday to Wednesday (September 2-4) 11:20 PM: More Paralympics   During, or after: More US Open (depends on what’s on)   Thursday (September 5) 11:20 PM: More Paralympics   During, or after: More US Open (depends on what’s on) 11:00 AM: Athletics - Diamond League Zurich   Friday (September 6) 11:20 PM: More Paralympics   During, or after: More US Open (depends on what’s on)   Saturday (September 7) 11:20 PM: More Paralympics  1:00 PM: Tennis - US Open - Women’s Singles Final   Sunday (September 8) 11:20 PM: More Paralympics  9:00 AM: Athletics - Continental Tour Zagreb 11:00 AM: Tennis - US Open - Men’s Singles Final 11:30 AM: Paralympics - Closing Ceremony (less focus)
    • Finally sth epic even for us. I felt for a moment that this is not real....but it was.