website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

I really want to know what Batum said in an interview now for French TV. I don't know French though. Looked emotinal and tough 

Oh, he went there. He talked politics not allowing Herteul to play because he plays in Russia

Edited by nenad

7 minutes ago, nenad said:

I really want to know what Batum said in an interview now for French TV. I don't know French though. Looked emotinal and tough 

Oh, he went there. He talked politics not allowing Herteul to play because he plays in Russia

yes and he announced his retirement after the olympics

Group A is now a mess going into the final game.

:DOM needs to avoid losing by more than 10 points against :ANG to qualify unless :PHI defeats :ITA then it doesn't matter.

:ITA just needs a victory against :PHI to advance. They can also advance with a loss if :DOM beats :ANG and Italy doesn't lose by more than 13 points

:ANG needs to win by 10 points against :DOM to be guaranteed to reach the next round, though just a win would be enough should :PHI defeat :ITA . A loss eliminates them.

:PHI needs to defeat :ITA by at least 13 points and :DOM must defeat :ANG

While they aren't in favourable positions, should :ANG or :PHI advance they will be the favourites to grab the Olympic quotas.

1 hour ago, nenad said:

He is right, punishing players for playing in Russia wont to any good in terms of team quality. 

5 hours ago, nenad said:

Schroder was out of bounds, for a milimeter but he was. Also, he always carries the ball, they just decided to call this time in an unfortunate moment. 

1) Do you have some sort of proof that he was out of bounds?

2) I definitely disagree that he ALWAYS carries the ball. Often/Regularly = Yes/Possible, but not ALWAYS.

3) I have very strong doubts that he was the only one in the game that carried the ball and still noone else (at least to my knowledge) got a whistle for carrying.

4) You have to ask yourself why they didn't stop him all game, but then 2 minutes before the end suddenly decided to change their officiating.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

He is right, punishing players for playing in Russia wont to any good in terms of team quality. 

I think the additional media attention they/he would have gotten if he would have played, would have had a worse effect on their performance than him not playing at all. France should have beaten this latvian team (without Porzingis) with one hand tied to their back. I think lack of individual quality was the least of their problems.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

10 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I think the additional media attention they/he would have gotten if he would have played, would have had a worse effect on their performance than him not playing at all. France should have beaten this latvian team (without Porzingis) with one hand tied to their back. I think lack of individual quality was the least of their problems.

I saw few test France matches, they did appear "wooden", they underperformed in all game segments. Having Thomas in roster would have benefited them, they looked much better with him playing, if i can remember correctly.

But yes, journalists would constantly ask political questions, rather than basketball ones. He would be under close observation and pressure, no doubt, but with decisive federation i am sure he would cope nicely with that pressure.

11 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) Do you have some sort of proof that he was out of bounds?

2) I definitely disagree that he ALWAYS carries the ball. Often/Regularly = Yes/Possible, but not ALWAYS.

3) I have very strong doubts that he was the only one in the game that carried the ball and still noone else (at least to my knowledge) got a whistle for carrying.

4) You have to ask yourself why they didn't stop him all game, but then 2 minutes before the end suddenly decided to change their officiating.

Yes, I have watched the match and there was a replay of the situation.