website statistics

Wrestling Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

Interesting/sad news ! I checked the link and since I know a bit Arabic, this link says two Egyptian wrestlers failed the drug test, the other one "Maghawri" won bronze in 57kg but didn't qualify.

per UWW usual rules, if they disqualify Ali Hamdy, his silver medal will go to the bronze medalist from his side, Buassat of GBS ! Lucky him to take the bronze medal match serious, most wrestlers didn't .

Just now, MHSN said:

Interesting/sad news ! I checked the link and since I know a bit Arabic, this link says two Egyptian wrestlers failed the drug test, the other one "Maghawri" won bronze in 57kg but didn't qualify.

per UWW usual rules, if they disqualify Ali Hamdy, his silver medal will go to the bronze medalist from his side, Buassat of GBS ! Lucky him to take the bronze medal match serious, most wrestlers didn't .

Ali Hamdy won the Gold not silver

14 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Ali Hamdy won the Gold not silver

Nope, he won the gold at the African Championship in Egypt , while in Olympic qualifier he won silver.

btw these guys most probably tested positive for the African Champs, which still disqualifies them for all tournaments after that including the Olympic Qualifier.

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 3:27 PM, uk12points said:

Africa/Oceania Olympic Qualification Tournament 2016 Quota

Day 1 (Part 1)

Men's -66kg Greco-Roman

:AUS Vinod Kumar

:EGY Adham Ahmed Saleh Ibrahim Kahk

Men's -85kg Greco-Roman

:ALG Adem Boudjemline

:EGY Ahmed Mohamed Ibrahim Othman Saad

Men's -130kg Greco-Roman

:AUS Ivan Popov

:EGY Abdellatif Mohamed Ahmed Mohamed

Vinod Kumar for Australia :yikes::yikes:

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

1 hour ago, Prashanth said:

Vinod Kumar for Australia :yikes::yikes:

Vinod comes from Sonepat in Haryana where during his initial days as a wrestler, he trained under the same wrestling coach as Sushil Kumar and Yogeshwar Dutt, India's wrestling stars.................. he came to australia 6 years ago ....so to some extent he has developed in australia ..............

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Can somebody tell me  2016 European Qualification Tournament (Zrenjanin, SRB)  livestream link and timetable? How many olympic spots in 130kg greca roma find owner in each of 3 tournaments? I know totally 7 spots but separately in 3 tournamets?

13 minutes ago, panda said:

Can somebody tell me  2016 European Qualification Tournament (Zrenjanin, SRB)  livestream link and timetable? How many olympic spots in 130kg greca roma find owner in each of 3 tournaments? I know totally 7 spots but separately in 3 tournamets?

2 quotas

http://eurowrestlingolympic.rs/competition-program/

Brackets are out for the 1st day of European qualification ,

59kg Greco

This weight is very important for me because our legendary Sourian yet to qualify, surprisingly Russia entered Sanal Semenov (Mingiyan's brother) which makes me believe all those doping rumors ! if not why they have to send such a new name ?! I doubt he qualifies but who knows !

the top half is much easier, I see Berge (NOR) and Lashkhi (GEO) as favorites but none of them are anything special so I also give a good chance to Fris of Serbia, after all host nation always will have refs help ! (and Lalovic is from Serbia :d )

in bottom half we have Amoyan, the Russian guy, Kostadinov and that dangerous Moldovan wrestler Islamov,

but this is interesting for me, it seems some countries didn't enter their best guy here, and save them for the next weekend in Monglia (bad news for us). Bulgaria apparently saved Angelov (even though Kostadinov is also good), even Croatia didn't send Lizatovic !?

66kg Greco

Again a much much easier top half, that happens with this blind draw ! BUL or GEO will win the quota probably, bottom half is a different story, I consider Lorincz as the top favorite but we also have Mammadov (AZE), Vardanyan (UKR) and few more wrestlers from LTU, CRO and TUR.

57kg freestyle

The level is much lower in Europe in freestyle, this time in this weight the top half is tougher, Shuptar (UKR) is my favorite Ukraianin wrestler and I consider him the favorite in top half but we also have Lachinov (BLR) and the Azeri guy. Armenia and Moldova are also there.

in bottom half Dukov (BUL) is the only notable wrestler but he is not that consistent. Dukov (ROU) also has a good chance there.

65kg freestyle

almost a balanced draw here, we have Kaya (TUR), Nurykov (BLR) plus GEO and UKR and even MDA in top half while we have Safaryan, Gadzhiev and Novachkov in bottom half. Bucur of ROU is also good. I think in top half it will be between Nurykov and Kaya , in bottom half Safaryan and Gadzhiev, while Novachkov can beat both of them. he got robbed a quota in World Championship, people still remember his match against Ramonov.