website statistics

Wrestling Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

vor 1 Stunde schrieb MHSN:

that's probably misunderstanding, nobody can enter two wrestlers in one weight ! I mean Ohler beat Ildem in Serbia and the other Turk in Mongolia.

I prefer to write about freestyle weights later after the draw but in Greco-Roman all of those 3 Germans have realistic chance to qualify. if Hassler is fit he is the favorite for the quota but there is one problem that all 3 of them have to beat Turkey ! Hassler's chance is better since he has only one serious competition in Ildem. (Ohler beat him easily but things are different in Istanbul)

Kudla was my pick at 85, but first he has to beat Noumonvi in second round (Azizsir beat him in Mongolia) then Hrustanovic and probably Basar of Turkey. not an easy task at all, 4 or 5 wrestlers there are capable of qualify.

The same story for Eisele , he has two tough matches to qualify, first against Cebi (the guy he beat easily in Mongolia) and then Starcevic. Turks are not that nice when they host, and this guy Cebi is a world champion.

Turkey used to be a Greco-Roman power, and they are still good and dangerous but so far they qualified only and only 1 wrestler ! I can promise you they will do EVERYTHING possible to qualify as much as possible here. and in Greco-Roman (unlike freestyle) refs can do whatever they want.

I only looked at the list of participants for each weight group and for example found this:

Mens freestyle -57kg:

Labazan Sabigulaevich Askerbiev           MKD

Elmedin Sejfulau                                      MKD

What does it mean? Which of them will compete?

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

I only looked at the list of participants for each weight group and for example found this:

Mens freestyle -57kg:

Labazan Sabigulaevich Askerbiev           MKD

Elmedin Sejfulau                                      MKD

What does it mean? Which of them will compete?

Which means they registered two wrestlers to have this chance to pick one of them at the very last moment, Iran always do that, we had a last minute change in Mongolia (which did work actually and the guy qualified in 130kg) but at the end only one of them can participate. but you can register maximum 3 wrestlers for each weight.

5 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

@MHSN For you italian athletes have any chance (Timoncini and Caneva) ?

No chance for Caneva or other Italian male wrestlers except Timoncini. he had his chance in Mongolia, after winning 3 close matches (two of them just 1-1) he should qualify. but now I think he is tired and probably disappointed , I don't give him a big chance but he is not completely without chance . but he has to beat 4 wrestlers almost in his own level. his chance is something like 10-15%.

btw Parisi was good in Mongolia and almost beat the Georgian (he was leading before I had to change the mat and didn't see how he lost :d ) but with this draw I don't give him any chance. and we in Iran hope your Manea do us a big favor and beat the Israeli guy in first round :p

8 minutes ago, MHSN said:

No chance for Caneva or other Italian male wrestlers except Timoncini. he had his chance in Mongolia, after winning 3 close matches (two of them just 1-1) he should qualify. but now I think he is tired and probably disappointed , I don't give him a big chance but he is not completely without chance . but he has to beat 4 wrestlers almost in his own level. his chance is something like 10-15%.

btw Parisi was good in Mongolia and almost beat the Georgian (he was leading before I had to change the mat and didn't see how he lost :d ) but with this draw I don't give him any chance. and we in Iran hope your Manea do us a big favor and beat the Israeli guy in first round :p

Thanks a lot! :hatoff:

hace 5 horas, MHSN said:

Yep I think he has, as I wrote that in my preview, if he wins his first match which is winnable for him, (probably 50-50) he can make it to the semifinal and in one match everything is possible. none of those wrestlers in top half are unbeatable for him.

Thanks for your answer.

I hope he goes out like in his two first fights in Mongolia... he really seemed determined to go to Rio.

Welcome in Turkey! Unless you're a Polish wrestler with an Armenian name (and maybe/probably born in Armenia?), then we'll boo you out of the stadium. 

:sick:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!