website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Los Angeles 2028 News

14 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The most realistic proposal, in my opinion, would be to let them compete under the Olympic flag (if they can qualify). I don't either side of the issue would be totally satisfied, but maybe it would be a workable compromise in the end?

That's what I expect the IOC to offer (if they are going to offer something). No way they are going to let them compete under their own flag. You're just asking for every separatist region or oversea territory to ask to compete.

10 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

That's what I expect the IOC to offer (if they are going to offer something). No way they are going to let them compete under their own flag. You're just asking for every separatist region or oversea territory to ask to compete.

You are giving too much value to the IOC following any principles. They could very well bend over backwards when it comes to US / Canada provinces etc. and ban on the spot Middle East / Africa ones. You know some are more equal amongst others.

12 hours ago, intoronto said:

:facepalm:

For people who are entirely out of the loop in terms of all things related to lacrosse, Haudenosaunee championships and whatnot...what exactly is the point (and the pros and cons and such) here? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, phelps said:

what is the forum's view if you're banned permanently from here? :bones:

spoiler: :cheer: :beer: :toast:

Happy New Year Celebration GIF by Faith Holland

Oh my Gosh this is a hillarious response to this cringe info :lol:

8 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

What is the IOC’s view on what happens if a Trump led government Bans China and Cuba from competing? 

Speaking as an American, I'm not concerned what the IOC's opinion is on that one.  I just pray this nation would be strong enough to survive until 2028 at that point.  G-d help us all if Trump wins the election.  I mean like actually wins the election, not that he and his supporters whine like toddlers that they think he did.

13 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

Speaking as an American, I'm not concerned what the IOC's opinion is on that one.  I just pray this nation would be strong enough to survive until 2028 at that point.  G-d help us all if Trump wins the election.  I mean like actually wins the election, not that he and his supporters whine like toddlers that they think he did.

I fear this boil will not be lanced until either 1) he dies or 2) he wins. 

Hear me out.

The man is, in a very real, practical, mentally unbalanced sense shameless. He literally cannot feel shame like other people, He resents mockery, sure, but he's never of the belief its deserved. And without shame, he can't stop running to win. He's lost the popular vote twice - that would normally be enough alone to send a politician back to the farm - and yet, with completely graceless shamelessness, here he is again. And If alive, he will be again in 2028. Only death and term limits can stop him - and he'd certainly challenge term limits.