website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Los Angeles 2028 News

1 hour ago, Orangehair43 said:

I like to be prepared for the possibility that the IOC will have to decide between accepting some countires being banned for cancelling the games, 

Yea I'm sure the IOC would be devastated at the banning of countires

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Ya know, Canada can just make this happen by giving the the Haudenosaunee a square kilometre of land in the middle of nowhere and letting them declare sovreignty over it (and nudging the rest of the world to accept them as an independent nation).

It would be political suicide for Trudeau (or any Canadian leader) to say anything else. Plus it's free positive news. They can say something, do nothing and then blame the IOC if/when nothing happens.

As much as I like lacrosse, this was obviously going to be an issue. We had the same thing at the World Games. The IOC should have seen this coming.

5 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

It would be political suicide for Trudeau (or any Canadian leader) to say anything else. Plus it's free positive news. They can say something, do nothing and then blame the IOC if/when nothing happens.

As much as I like lacrosse, this was obviously going to be an issue. We had the same thing at the World Games. The IOC should have seen this coming.

Yeah, barring a change in the U.S. Government, it does feel like ultimately the IOC will be the organization forced to make a decision. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

32 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, barring a change in the U.S. Government, it does feel like ultimately the IOC will be the organization forced to make a decision. 

It would be bizarre that lacrosse made the cut if they aren't going to let them compete. It's not like Lacrosse brings in the dollars like American Football, Baseball or Cricket.

45 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

What this retard is going to answer when a Province - that-I-should-not-name - is going to ask for its own team at the olympics ? 

:NBR having it's own Olympic team will be a dream come true :D

22 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

It would be bizarre that lacrosse made the cut if they aren't going to let them compete. It's not like Lacrosse brings in the dollars like American Football, Baseball or Cricket.

The most realistic proposal, in my opinion, would be to let them compete under the Olympic flag (if they can qualify). I don't either side of the issue would be totally satisfied, but maybe it would be a workable compromise in the end?

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela