website statistics

Swimming 2016 Discussion Thread

MantaRaymarc

2 minutes ago, Jur said:

From what I read, Iceland is currently 5th in the women's medley, just behind Spain.

I guess the only chance is if Spain or Brazil decline. Is Spain likely to do so? It's strange that they didn't compete at the Europeans.

#banbestmen

hace 13 horas, dcro said:

I guess the only chance is if Spain or Brazil decline. Is Spain likely to do so? It's strange that they didn't compete at the Europeans.

They didn't compete because our backstroker (Duane da Rocha) was unable to attend Europeans due tu injury. But I don't think they would decline, since all swimmers are already qualifiyed in individual events to Rio...

On 5/23/2016 at 05:06, mrv86 said:

FINA lifted Efimova's suspension, but she's still not cleared to compete in Rio

Source

Let's hope it stays that way. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, dareza said:
Inge Dekker again in pool. What a great news. She swam 25.57 in Italy today.      

Completely missed that, but that's fantastic! And it comes to show that she was lucky that they found the cancer so early (unlike one of our top speed skaters..). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!