website statistics

Swimming 2016 Discussion Thread

MantaRaymarc

16 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Absolutely not! If I get a son, I shall name him Ascho Aschengeschvantner mylastname :bowdown:

Dutch standard for women's 100 fly? Dekker 58.61. I hope she will have better time in final

Just now, dareza said:

Dutch standard for women's 100 fly? Dekker 58.61. I hope she will have better time in final

58.19, but fear not, she already posted 57.68 last year in a competition that actually counted :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

58.19, but fear not, she already posted 57.68 last year in a competition that actually counted :cheer:

Very good. Im so happy for her. I really like your female swimming team. :d

Just now, dareza said:

Very good. Im so happy for her. I really like your female swimming team. :d

I think I've said my opinion a million times by now right? :d 

Not a big fan of Kromowidjojo and her attitude of always skipping all kinds of competitions in the "not important" years :p 

On the other hand: FEMKE :hearts: (as long as she loses the "demons inside her head", to quote her literally, and she stops choking in the important individual moments..) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I think I've said my opinion a million times by now right? :d 

Not a big fan of Kromowidjojo and her attitude of always skipping all kinds of competitions in the "not important" years :p 

On the other hand: FEMKE :hearts: (as long as she loses the "demons inside her head", to quote her literally, and she stops choking in the important individual moments..) 

but Kromowidjojo will win two medals in Rio :p And I hope Femke also 2 (or 3 with 4x200).

1 minute ago, dareza said:

but Kromowidjojo will win two medals in Rio :p And I hope Femke also 2 (or 3 with 4x200).

I still really doubt Kromo will win a medal in the 100 :p 

But yeah still two medals possible then: one of the major outsiders in the 50 and the Netherlands is a good candidate for bronze in the 4x100. 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I still really doubt Kromo will win a medal in the 100 :p 

But yeah still two medals possible then: one of the major outsiders in the 50 and the Netherlands is a good candidate for bronze in the 4x100. 

only good? Australia, USA and Nethelands are the best so far in 4x100.

7 minutes ago, dareza said:

only good? Australia, USA and Nethelands are the best so far in 4x100.

Well alright, let's rephrase that: I think we are the main (but not only) candidate for the bronze medal :p 

final day in Rome and Federica Pellegrini stole the show as expected...1.54.55 in the women's 200m Free...now this year in this event she's second only to Katie Ledecky (waiting for her races at the US Olympic Trials, which started today)...

in the same competition in Rome, Michelle Coleman swam 1.55.88...

finally, Gabriele Detti showed his form once again for the third time in 3 days and swam 7.43 over the 800m Free, beating by a 7-second margin his training partner, the reigning World Champion of the distance, Gregorio Paltrinieri...

on the other side of the Ocean, instead, Kelsey Worrel swam 56.something and Dana Vollmer 57.50 in the heats of the women's 100m Fly at the US Trials, Day 1...

in the other races, easy qualification to the final for Ryan Lochte in the men's 400m IM with a 4.11 clocking, 59.05 by Kevin Cordes (5 boys below the 1-minute mark) in the men's 100m Breast and a bunch of 3.47 in the heats of the men's 400m Free...

Cate Campbell has just broken Britta Steffen's 100m "supersuit" freestyle WR :yikes::woot:

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/olympics/rio-2016/rio-olympics-2016-cate-campbell-breaks-100m-world-record-20160702-gpx4ng.html

I'd be a bit worried if I was an Australian swimming fan, it's not normal to be in that extreme shape for so long :d