website statistics

Swimming 2016 Discussion Thread

MantaRaymarc

25 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Cate Campbell has just broken Britta Steffen's 100m "supersuit" freestyle WR :yikes::woot:

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/olympics/rio-2016/rio-olympics-2016-cate-campbell-breaks-100m-world-record-20160702-gpx4ng.html

I'd be a bit worried if I was an Australian swimming fan, it's not normal to be in that extreme shape for so long :d 

Wow, that record took some beating.

#banbestmen

Cate Campbell stole the show, but she's not the only Aussie in good shape 35 days before the start of the Games...

here some other news from Downunder...

http://www.swimvortex.com/james-magnussen-gathers-momentum-in-time-for-4x100-aussie-rio-relay-tilt/

http://www.swimvortex.com/cate-campbell-drops-a-52-06-bomb-for-100m-world-record-faster-than-mike-wenden/

34 minutes ago, dareza said:

53,65 for 15 years old Kolesnikov on 100 backstroke on EJC :yikes:

I'd say 8:34 800m free for 14-year old Ajna Kesely is quite impressive as well :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, dareza said:

53,65 for 15 years old Kolesnikov on 100 backstroke on EJC :yikes:

That's my thought when I saw the result too, impressive result. And Conor grabbed silver behind him... please, please, please let him develop into a good senior swimmer!

Van Rouwendaal was very much on her way to win gold in the European open water championships (10k), but at the finish she went to the wrong side of the buoy so she had to swim all the way back and of course lost any chance :facepalm:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Van Rouwendaal was very much on her way to win gold in the European open water championships (10k), but at the finish she went to the wrong side of the buoy so she had to swim all the way back and of course lost any chance :facepalm:

and Eva Risztov, who initially got the Bronze medal, later was disqualified because of a shameful (intentional) cut of the course...:yikes::facepalm::wall:

by the way, finally the Gold medal went ex-aequo to Rachele Bruni, ITA and Aurelie Muller, FRA, meanwhile the Bronze medal went to Arianna Bridi, ITA...

in the men's event (always over 10k), Gold went to Ferry Weertman, NED, who just outsprinted Jack Burnell, GBR (Silver) and Marc Antoine Olivier, FRA (Bronze)...

7 minutes ago, phelps said:

and Eva Risztov, who initially got the Bronze medal, later was disqualified because of a shameful (intentional) cut of the course...:yikes::facepalm::wall:

Yes, she made exactly the same mistake as Van Rouwendaal, but instead of going back around the buoy like Van Rouwendaal did, Ridztov just passed under the line and continued her way to the finish :roflmao: