website statistics

Your favorite positive 2024 Paris Olympics moments!

Specific moments:

1. Canada winning gold in 4x100 relay. Screaming and jumping up and down at work in the middle of Americans. 

2. Rugby team beating France and then Australia for silver.

3. Eleanor Harvey winning bronze in fencing. 

Overall:

-Summer McIntosh

-Guatemala winning it's second medal ever, then its first gold. 

-Leon Marchand

-Beautiful/Iconic venues

-Sarah Sjostrom 

-Watching more tennis, BMX and skateboarding I've ever watched before

For me not an individual moment but just generally the crowds and the support that the athletes received from both the home and visiting fans. For me the best Games always have a great atmosphere and Paris goes into my top three of those that I've viewed on that count alone.

Individually the look of disbelief on young Toby Roberts face when he realised he'd won gold in the combined climbing will live with me.

And in terms of events the women's 1500m is one I'll remember. Not quite in the same class as Rudisha's 800m in 2012 but certainly reminiscent of it.

Apart from a dodgy opening ceremony and the water problems with the Seine it was a great Games. Please let's stick to holding them in the Olympic stadium in future!

Well done Paris!!!

I just returned from an unforgettable week in Paris. I can barely comprehend the amount of memorable moments and emotions I experienced in a week. Truly unforgettable. If you ever get the chance to visit the Games in person I would recommend it 110%.

There is so many legendary moments to name, but some I experienced live:

• Watching the :NED - :FRA final in 3x3 basketball at Place Trocadero in a crowd of thousands of Frenchmen. I cheered my heart out for the last second Dutch victory amongst a respectable applauss of the French.
  • Victory ceremony of Leon Marchand and the other French swimmers at Place Trocadero.
  • Incredible :NED comeback versus :ESP in the waterpolo semifinal. Amazing moment to experience in the stadium after scoring some last moment tickets the day before. Sadly we lost the shootout in the end.
  • :NED winning both hockey medals for the first times (I watched both live in the TeamNL house).

These were just some of the many great moments I experienced in Paris. I'll add my other Olympic highlights later.

Domestic moments I : :IRL

1. Daniel Wiffen in the 800 outFinking Fink.

2.Rhys McCleneghan - perfection

3. Women's 4 x 400. The right kind of heartbreak - they took SEVEN seconds off the national record in 12 months, THREE seconds in one race. And they weren't plucky and pleased, they were gutted, despite running a time that would always previously have medalled. They're in the great game now.

Domestic moments II::GBR

1.Tom Pidcock - utterly fearless, utterly mental

2. The Alex Yee finish "from the depths of hell" will be on repeat for years to come

3. Keely Hodgkinson becomes the queen at last.

International moments: (5) :IOC

1. Teddy Riner. The weight of the whole world on his back, the greatest defeated time itself.

2. The men's 1500 metre final - for the absolute ages, and probably the last 'true run' 1500 we'll see now for a while.

3. The roar for Marchand.

4. Sifan Hassan in the Marathon

5. The men's sevens final - the atmosphere, sensational

2 hours ago, Belle said:

No one have mentioned it. Sad but it’s obviously Mondo and his gold/WR. 

Gosh this guy is really underrated. :facepalm:

Sorry totally forgot that!

We unfortunately didn't get the Mondo bonus track (WR) back in Budapest - was there in person but still it was amazing to see the Master at work IRL.

The pole vault was the hottest day of the whole Budapest WCh, here in Paris maybe also the weather helped.

:IND had a below average olympics so not many positive moments but if I had to pick one it would be Vinesh defeating Yui Susaki in the last secs of the bout. That was a genuinely WOW! moment for me. 

As for Paris & the Olympics in general, the biggest positive was to see packed crowds at almost all venues ( particularly after Tokyo) & continuous chanting of “ Allez les bleus” supporting the french athletes. 

Edited by Roamingrover86

My favorite moment was all of August 3rd, the first day I spent in Paris.

- Taking a bike ride along the Siene retracing the opening ceremony path and the course of the road race that started only 30 minutes before.

- Getting close to the balloon.

- Going to see the road race live and seeing twice the peloton pass by.

- Watching the end of the race on a tv bar huddled with dozens of other on lookers as the final riders pass behind. 

- Getting to dinner while watching the judo team finals and hearing a cheer from bars, windows and the street every time a French judoka won their match.

- Walking back to the hotel and passing a community watch party in the park and seeing the 4x400 mixed relay and Femke Bol’s great final lap. 

The other days in Paris were wonderful, I could write a similar summary for each but the magic of that first day and seeing the wonder the games brought to the city is what I’ll probably most fondly remember from these games.

Edited by Book

• Femke Bol comeback epic win on the 4x400 
  • Iuri Leitao medals, both the silver and of course the gold at madison
  • All the "live" experiences i got to take part on three weekends i spent in Paris, especially watching my big four in medal events (athletics, artistic gymnastics, track cycling and my all time favorite, swimming), the visit to the mythic Roland Garros, and of course watching live my country win a medal.
  • The olympic flame at night. Incredible happy and sad feeling when seeing it for the last time before leaving Paris on the last saturday

For me it would be the 360 degree backhand by Lakshya Sen against Jonathan Christie in Badminton Men's Singles. It was an audacious shot and somehow Sen despite being under pressure won that point. It became quite viral in India and few positive highlights for us this Olympics.

In the context of the match and the tournament too, the shot was quite important as 3rd seed Christie ended up conceding game point and easily lost the second set and thus the match.

112164270.webp