website statistics

Paris 2024 on Totallympics - Will you keep visiting Totallympics before the next Olympic Games?

Sindo

Will you keep visiting Totallympics before the next Olympic Games?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Will you keep visiting Totallympics before the next Olympic Games?

• Yes, I will keep visiting on a regular basis.
    • I will visit it from time to time.
    • No, I will come back during only during the next Olympic period.

3 hours ago, rybak said:

Yes, I'm now waiting for another edition of TISC, as I have already choosed song :cheer:

Inb4 Italy submits Freed from desire. I feel like I have heard that song at least 200 times in the past 17 days. :lol:

Edited by Vektor

Well, for someone that has almost 10,000 posts in about a year and a half (I joined in August 2022, and started posting regularly in 2023, that many posts might be a Totallympics record of some sorts?), I’d sure hope so :p:rofl:

Easiest question I’ll ever answer in my life, hell yeah (somewhat unfortunately for all of you) :cheer:

Totallympics has been such a great space to discuss sporting events with other fellow enthusiasts, get support after family emergencies (after my dad got taken to the hospital in an ambulance in early May, I shared something about it in the “General Thread”, and I was shocked by the overwhelming amount of replies and messages I got by various users on the forum, wishing for him to have a speedy recovery, to get well soon, and if I needed anything they were here for me, which was really really nice), and the friends that I’ve made here, well I wouldn’t trade them for anything. 

I will of course continue to be active on this forum after the Olympics. Many of you probably experience the same as me today, that feeling of depression that the Olympics are over. This year that feeling is more a little more sombre due to the fact I am reminiscing about my Olympic vacation and also I start a brand new job tomorrow after a 4 week break from my old job so it's like all good things are ending today :(

The best cure for post Olympics fan depression and/or “what now?” - The Paralympics :d

I know a lot of users pass over them, but I have a lot of fun watching them too.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The best cure for post Olympics fan depression and/or “what now?” - The Paralympics :d

I know a lot of users pass over them, but I have a lot of fun watching them too.

The august flag football world championship in Lahti! Time to study new sport and rules :p

Pretty poor Olympics for India. So much talent but faltering in Olympics, wasn't ready for this disaster at all.

Things would still be fine, but Vinesh pulling of one of the biggest upsets of the Olympics beating Yui Susaki her first ever international defeat, only to be DSQ with no medal next day for being over weight by 100g has to be the single most terrible moment in sports in my entire entire life. I'd feel bad for any athlete facing bad but for Vinesh I was absolutely hurt.

She wasn't a normal athlete, an absolute role model and fighter who was criticised, beaten up on streets by police tortured, harassed on social media for raising voice against sexual harrasment in the wrestling federation. I couldn't concentrate on my work or get proper sleep for 2 days. Almost the whole nation cried( except ofc the certain group of people who started making fun of her) and all news channels ran different stories, some supporting her and some against her(ofc sponsored). At that point I was done with the games.

So for this question, I may come here for multi sport games, watch a few winter sports. But all other sports I'm not quite bothered, I probably won't even care what we do in next Qualification cycle either. I might revisit this decision in future but for now I need a break from sports.

Totallympics is fantastic as always, but sports can sometimes be very cruel for sports fans investing their time in entire Olympic cycle while getting no significant return. Hope I get enough optimism to change my decision in future.

41 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’ll definitely be watching :d

I will definitely be a complete addict during things like World Athletics, European Games, Commonwealth Games, World Games, and then completely ignore it otherwise

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

4 hours ago, Pavlo said:

2026 100%. LA? Probably not. I will observe how it all goes in Poland. If as its now (i assume so) for the first time white flag from me. I will be 51, not sleeping over 2 weeks to see some 6 medals and 106 tragedies...nope. We will see. In LA US, Canada, China and probably Russia will be at full power. 2 medals in climbing again? Without it and with RUS+BLR here we already could count only for some 5-6 medals.

I wondered to myself today, whether by 2028 the global temperature would have rose enough for a boycott

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

1 minute ago, Mkbw50 said:

I wondered to myself today, whether by 2028 the global temperature would have rose enough for a boycott

Oh...i think it can be a hmmm....dynamic period to say the least. And i don't have climate issues on my mind in pole position. For the first time in my life i'm unable to imagine 2028. AI too. 

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it