website statistics

[POLL] Are you visiting Paris for the Olympic Games? Road to Paris 2024

[POLL] Are you visiting Paris for the Olympic Games   

47 members have voted

1. 1. Are you visiting Paris for the Olympic Games

Posted (edited)

1. Seeing the road race, football (Marseille), Sport Climbing, Rhythmic Gymnastics, and Modern Pentathlon. First half of the games I’ll be like everyone else on my TV, laptop, and phone.

2. I’ll go with :CAN :JPN and :ESP because they’re the likely semi finalists in women’s football I’d support (USA will almost certainly be at the Lyon semifinal)

Edited by Book

1. Kinda difficult going to Paris from Argentina but i started saving money for LA 2028 since 2019. Watching at home on PC + phone, here the games goes from 4 am to 6 pm aprox so probably waking up everyday between 5 and 7.

2. Supporting all Latin American (Brazil too) countries and Spain :clap:

:FRA  :GBR  :CAN  I'll add :POR for my smaller country.   I had toyed with the idea of being in France for the Games as I spend several months a year there (actually just got back to the US less than 2 weeks ago), but in the end I'll be in my a/c basement with my wife watching everything.  Have VPN, will be watching as much France TV as I can.       

1. copy & paste the previous answers (on the couch, with many snacks and devices, from early morning to late night)

2. :SMR and my :SUI neighbours...if I just have to choose a 3rd Country, I'd say some random Caribbean paradise island (maybe :CAY, you know, for their banking beauties :rofl:)

Posted (edited)

I have just landed a new job and negotiated a start date of August 12th, the day after the Olympics end :d. My official notice period at my current employer is July 19th, however, I am using my accumulated holidays so I can finish much earlier and my final day instead will be next Thursday, July 4th.

This gives me a 5 week break so I get to enjoy the Olympics in full and have a nice summer holiday which I am really looking forward to.

I'm actually planning to travel to Austria, Switzerland and Germany and then to make my way by train to Paris for the Olympics.

My schedule is as follows:

Day -2: Wednesday 24th July:

21:00 - 23:00 Men's Football - Parc des Princes

Day -1: Thursday 25th July:

14:00 - 17:00 Men's Rugby Sevens - Stade de France, Pool Matches

20:00 - 23:00 Men's Rugby Sevens - Stade de France, Quarter-Finals

Day 0: Friday 26th July:

Will try to explore locality near my accommodation and watch the ceremony from the TV in the apartment (with lots of snacks :)).

Day 1: Saturday 27th July:

14:30 - 20:45 Men's Rugby Sevens - Stade de France, Semi-Finals and Medal Matches

Day 2: Sunday 28th July:

09:00 - 13:10 Rowing and Hospitality package

19:30 - 23:00 Badminton

Will likely attend Paris Clubhouse at some point

Day 3: Monday 29th July:

09:30 - 11:05 Archery - Men's Team Round of 16

I plan to travel home then and enjoy many days of watching Olympic action on TV :)

In terms of who I will be supporting apart from the Irish team: :INA :FIN :IRQ (mainly Iraqi footballers) and any underdogs

Edited by OlympicIRL

1. I'll be visiting two beach volleyball QFs, a field hockey semifinal and a morning session in Athletics (incl. 4x400m series!). Also spending two evenings in the TeamNL house probably.

2. I usualle support :BEL when there's no Dutch to cheer for. Also the :POL volleyball men's team because I had a great time seeing them live last year. For the third nation I'm gonna cheat and say any underdog or smaller nation.

Posted (edited)

1. Swimming, Tennis, Artistic Gymnastics, Athletics, and Sprint Canoeing. I might also go to weightlifting but not sure, might sell that one as it’s in middle of the week.

2. The Netherlands of course (might even bring an oranje tshirt with me for the live events), Spain and probably Armenia, just for love for that beautiful country.

Edited by kungshamra71