website statistics

Women's Water Polo Tournament at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, ivanmar said:

In a very close game :NED wins against :HUN 10-8!

With a nice deciding 9-8 goal by our youngest player Moolhuijzen!

Close game and very happy to start the tournament of with a win!

Good luck in the rest of the tournament to the Hungarian fans.

16 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

With a nice deciding 9-8 goal by our youngest player Moolhuijzen!

Close game and very happy to start the tournament of with a win!

Good luck in the rest of the tournament to the Hungarian fans.

And to the Hungarian team, right?

Congrats to the Dutch team!

Embarrassing. I have no words really. The referees also didn't help and we had some bad luck to hit the post/crossbar so many times but still no excuses when you lose by 9 goals.

Only good thing was we started to play better in the second half so hopefully we can carry that momentum into the next games...

What happened to the Greek team? I was pretty confident they could make an upset against USA, but no way. It looks like USA is the team to beat in Paris, once more. 

In group B I was very happy with the Dutch win against Hungary. And was also surprised by the little margin in the :AUS - :CHN match. "Only" 7-5. Was Australia that bad, or did China play way better than expected?

13 minutes ago, CCB said:

What happened to the Greek team? I was pretty confident they could make an upset against USA, but no way. It looks like USA is the team to beat in Paris, once more. 

I was also confident we could make an upset before the game began, but at one point we were trailing 0-7 :facepalm: then we finally woke up but it was too late. I expected at least a close game because our girls were really good this year, bronze at the European Championships and 4th at the World Championships where we probably should've won a medal.

Maybe our girls were overwhelmed because it was their first Olympics for 12 of our 13 players? We seemed scared at times. USA also got 3 penalty shots (Stamatopoulou saved 1 of them) which didn't help either.

23 hours ago, CCB said:

In group B I was very happy with the Dutch win against Hungary. And was also surprised by the little margin in the :AUS - :CHN match. "Only" 7-5. Was Australia that bad, or did China play way better than expected?

Australia had 5 players with covid in the previous 4-5 days. I don't know how many were recovered by yesterday and even those who weren't, were still allowed to play, but I guess they weren't in their best shape physically.