website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

What a horrible way for Maria Prevolaraki :GRE to end her career :cry:

Thank you for being the best Greek female wrestler ever. 3 Olympic games, 3 medals World Championships, 8 medals in European Championships, 3 times gold medalist at Mediterranean Games :hug:

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

he is a snake, I think he will find a way :d

Rassadin is also Russian. didn't shine today just stole couple of narrow wins. I mean in Russian standards, Valiev is a B level wrestler while Rassadin is C/D. Valiev clearly has the upper hand but these guys know each other very well, anything can happen

The Albanian also had trouble with the Georgian. Chamizo, if he gets a chance tomorrow, will have a hard time: Georgia, Rus C/D, Turkey or Salkazanov.

2 minutes ago, copravolley said:

The Albanian also had trouble with the Georgian. Chamizo, if he gets a chance tomorrow, will have a hard time: Georgia, Rus C/D, Turkey or Salkazanov.

yeah Kenchadze is a very good wrestler, if you ask me that will be his hardest match tomorrow.

I expect Salkazanov and Valiev to win the quotas tonight. in this case Chamizo's biggest hurdle is Kenchadze but if Demirtas wins, I don't think Frank can beat Salkazanov, just a terrible matchup for him.

Posted (edited)

Orshush withdrew also, so the Uzbek girl would've been a very good opponent for Maria to face in the final had she made it.

But at the 2023 World Championships, Maria lost in the semifinals where a win would've given her the Olympic quota, then lost in the bronze medal match where a win would've given her the Olympic quota, then lost in the Olympic wrestle-off where a win would've given her the Olympic quota, then at the 2024 European Qualification tournament she lost in the semifinals where a win would've given her the Olympic quota.

Girls she beat in some of these events and the 2024 European Championships like :ROU Ana, :MDA Dragutan, :AIN Malysheva will all be going to Paris, but Maria won't. She just didn't step up when she needed to, now is when we wish the wrestling rankings were used for quotas :d

She was 1 win away from the quota 4 times (!!!) before this week and even still she couldn't do it...

Edited by Makedonas

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

Wow, Aurora Russo won against :UZB Sobirova. This was unexpected :)

This is the only person on our squad who has a great future. Unfortunately, she may need 1-2 years to reach OG.