website statistics

Wrestling UWW African/Oceanian Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Just now, thepharoah said:

So she lost right ?

yes. while she was "dominating" the match, she gave up lots of big throws and at the end lost by fall/pin in one of them. the score was 10-8 before the last action and she was attacking (and could score more than enough to win)

with a better tactic she could end the match 10-0 

UWW is just great :d

they are having 3rd place match for 76kg (and yesterday they had it for two weights)

because they have a different format when we have 6 or 7 wrestlers (two groups. crossover semifinals) but why it's different than other weights (no 3rd place match when we have 8 or more) ? I don't know

but OK I understand they are having this in case someone withdraws or fails a drug test. but there is one very funny point here. based on their own rules. when less than 8 wrestlers register, the quota won't be reallocated to the next wrestlers, it will become a wild card. :d so what the hell is this 3rd place match about ? 

Edited by MHSN

quota matches in men's freestyle

57kg: :EGYvs:TUN / :NZLvs:GBS

65kg: :GBSvs:SAM / :AUSvs:ANG

74kg: :GBSvs:NGR / :MARvs:EGY

86kg: :NGRvs:AUS / :ALGvs:CMR

97kg: :EGYvs:ALG / :TUNvs:RSA

125kg: :NGRvs:RSA / :SENvs:EGY

all 3 GBS wrestlers made it to the SF and I think all 3 of them have a good chance to win.

really surprised by this Samoan wrestler, he beat Egypt 10-0!! :yikes: 

18 minutes ago, MHSN said:

quota matches in men's freestyle

57kg: :EGYvs:TUN / :NZLvs:GBS

65kg: :GBSvs:SAM / :AUSvs:ANG

74kg: :GBSvs:NGR / :MARvs:EGY

86kg: :NGRvs:AUS / :ALGvs:CMR

97kg: :EGYvs:ALG / :TUNvs:RSA

125kg: :NGRvs:RSA / :SENvs:EGY

all 3 GBS wrestlers made it to the SF and I think all 3 of them have a good chance to win.

really surprised by this Samoan wrestler, he beat Egypt 10-0!! :yikes: 

Actually I did expect the Samoan to win the quota. It's Gaku Akazawa and I was surprised when he lost in GR the other day to Australian, so I had asked as the Samoan is the Oceania champion in the weights in both GR and FS(had read a article like that about him).

But @thepharoah what's with Egypt Wrestling I'm sure I haven't seen them so low at Qualifiers losing so many with big margins.

Also :GUM wrestlers beat :ALG by fall very easily, not common in men's wrestling I believe.