website statistics

Tennis ITF Australian Open 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Obviously I hope Iga wins this one . She has never won AO before so it’s about time . I would cherish this one much more than US open for sure because she has already won in NY

waiting for draws to be announced…

It is very interesting for me how Hubert Hurkacz plays and I am focused on some new young players like Mirra Andreeva or Arthur Fils…

I also hope Woźniacki and Kerber will play some good tennis even if they lose in the 1st rd

Edited by rafalgorka

Looking at the quali draws these are some players i would like to see advancing to the main draw because i am really interested how their career goes, i would like to be able to watch them play more against top opponents:

W - E Andreeva, E Lys, B Fruhvirtova, A Korneeva, O Danilovic, M Timofeeva, S Bejlek

M - F Cobolli, A Kovacevic, B Nakashima, Z Svajda

Opening day of qualifying has been rained out entirely, not a single match was played today. "But the centre court, with a roof?!"....yeah....no, because the 'big shots' had to train there, and so actual competition was put aside in favour of privileged trainings..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Opening day of qualifying has been rained out entirely, not a single match was played today. "But the centre court, with a roof?!"....yeah....no, because the 'big shots' had to train there, and so actual competition was put aside in favour of privileged trainings..

At least there is still plenty of time to complete qualifying though. Forecast also looks great. Should not be an issue in the end.

On 1/6/2024 at 5:09 PM, rafalgorka said:

Btw , I wonder if Andreeva sisters will change their flag as well like some other Russian athletes? We will see

Given how Mirra Andreeva liked the infamous IG post with birthday wishes to Putin I would say that's unlikely to happen.

8 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Given how Mirra Andreeva liked the infamous IG post with birthday wishes to Putin I would say that's unlikely to happen.

I think Diana Shnaider, the other Russian teen in the top 100, also has liked several Instagram posts supporting the invasion.