website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB Nations League 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Josh

By losing a set to Turkey, Serbia only gained 3.58 points. They are now 8.39 points ahead of Cuba.

That might seem like a decent lead, but sets still matter. If Serbia loses their final matches against Poland and Slovenia 3-0 then Cuba only needs to win a single set against Poland to move ahead (assuming I did my calculations correctly). However, a single set win by Serbia against either opponent would mean Cuba would have to outright defeat Poland to have a chance to qualify.

This could go to the very last match of the nation's league preliminary round.

28 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

By losing a set to Turkey, Serbia only gained 3.58 points. They are now 8.39 points ahead of Cuba.

That might seem like a decent lead, but sets still matter. If Serbia loses their final matches against Poland and Slovenia 3-0 then Cuba only needs to win a single set against Poland to move ahead (assuming I did my calculations correctly). However, a single set win by Serbia against either opponent would mean Cuba would have to outright defeat Poland to have a chance to qualify.

This could go to the very last match of the nation's league preliminary round.

and keep in mind Poland has a Serbian coach. :d and lost to Serbia last year as well.

I know Poland has a very deep squad and I'm sure Polish players will take both matches seriously but still . I think Serbia won the quota tonight.

they won the direct quota match vs Cuba. which means they deserve it anyway