website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Another update. My dad is still in the hospital recovering. He’s been there for about a month and a half so far. He’s doing much better than before, but still a while before he’ll be ready to come home. He has his good days and bad days, luckily it’s more good than bad. Actually, recently he’s made major strides in his recovery, he’s now walking, eating (soft) foods, and just a couple of days ago washed his body for the first time. 

I also visited him at the hospital for the first time since he got admitted (I’ve been quite busy, obviously I’ve been chatting with him on FaceTime), and while I was happy to see him, it just made me incredibly sad, I really really hate seeing him like this. I also don’t like hospitals in general though lol, have some bad memories from them. I will also point out that he does get exhausted after 10 minutes or so, so the visiting didn’t last long.  

3 minutes ago, bestmen said:

I know this could be strange for you , but avoid drinking alcohol , i guess this is why he got pancreatit... the first month is the hardest one , things will be ok for him  

He’s not an alcoholic, I’m pretty sure that’s not the reason why it’s happened. I mean sure, he drinks beer from time to time (or wine) but nothing crazy. For some people that is the case however. 

His doctor told him that when he’s fully recovered, he won’t be able to drink any alcohol anymore though (he’ll also have to go on a reduced fat diet). Really unfortunate for him as I know how much he loves a good beer.

Thank you for your kind words by the way ;)

On 5/28/2024 at 11:38 PM, bestmen said:

Tragic story , why do they allow euthanasia 

I have everything, but it is not enough:question:

She Was 29. And Doctors Helped Her Die....Netherlands :spank:

https://www.thefp.com/p/zoraya-ter-beek-dead-assisted-suicide

So many stories that make me very glad people are allowed to choose to end their suffering, instead of spending weeks, months or even years longer in mental and/or physical hell just because someone else decided they have to.

Coincidentally someone in my area (I don't know them personally) already knows they're going to die next week on Thursday. The only other option would be to wait for potentially another year until the cancer, which has spread everywhere, slowly eats them away while not being able to do anything but keep laying in bed.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

So many stories that make me very glad people are allowed to choose to end their suffering, instead of spending weeks, months or even years longer in mental and/or physical hell just because someone else decided they have to.

Coincidentally someone in my area (I don't know them personally) already knows they're going to die next week on Thursday. The only other option would be to wait for potentially another year until the cancer, which has spread everywhere, slowly eats them away while not being able to do anything but keep laying in bed.

But many people had bad diseases with short time of life as doctors predicted , finally they lived years ... you will suffer in this life anyway disease or not