website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2023

On 10/12/2023 at 7:32 AM, Olympian1010 said:

It’s getting late California, so I’ll add a Spotify playlist to first post tomorrow.

hurry-up-judge-judy.gif

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

@heywoodu I decided against it after realizing one, or potentially more, entries weren't available on Spotify. I would advise creating a playlist if you want one, but there won't be an "official" one since it doesn't seem fair.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

44 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@heywoodu I decided against it after realizing one, or potentially more, entries weren't available on Spotify. I would advise creating a playlist if you want one, but there won't be an "official" one since it doesn't seem fair.

Ah no, that is highly unfortunate :( I thought in the case of one or two missing songs, everyone would do the same: just look those up separately.

I'll see when I have time to make one for myself and start listening then, YouTube is awful for listening on the way (since you have to have the app opened and the screen on).

Edit: as so often I kind of overreacted, sorry :p I'll post mine here in case anyone wants it anyway (and list which songs I couldn't find)!

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

When I chose our song, I immediately got worried for its chances since I thought some people would prefer listening through Spotify :p 

So I appreciate this, I believe it's the fourth Lithuanian entry that's not on Spotify and sadly one of those is "Song About Love" by Leon Somov & Jazzu :( 

Official Annoucement

It has been brought to my attention that one (or more) entries may be ineligible. For now, I'd ask users not to send me their votes while the situation is addressed. Only three juries have cast votes so far. Any changes will be communicated in due course.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Even though it is a copy of an older song, it seems like the Kazakh entry was released in 2023.

@Ruslan could you choose another entry for the contest? It needs to be from 2018 or earlier to be eligible.

@rybak do you have a way to contact our Kazakh friend?