website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

As always, your political comments make me cringe. You seem to be a great person, but we have antagonistic views when it comes to politics.

Yeah, don't take this wrong way, I like and respect your opinions.

I do support true policies from the left, especially in countries where inequality is a fact. Hard to find these days, even in first world countries. Seems true sense of civic and collective duty is almost dead.

However, Boric threw so much praise at the militaristic narco regime in Mexico, so I consider him an idiot.

8 hours ago, vinipereira said:

:PER Kimberly Garcia won the women's 20km Race Walk with a WR time of 1:12:26. In fact, 12 athletes did better than the previous world record...

Except that the was a mistake in the course and they didn't actually walk for 20km :lol: They'll correct for the men's race, which was postponed by 1 hour.

No wonder the times looked strangely fast when I checked yesterday. And I was under the impression the race hadn’t finished yet when I looked up the results yesterday.

2 hours ago, vinipereira said:

He seems to be liked or at least respected by the crowds. I haven't seen people boo him yet :p

Yeah, he's probably the one Latin American leader I semi-like at the moment. He's been attending a lot of sports for what it's worth.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela