website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Job Thread

Olympian1010

5 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

I think it's all over the world that firefighters have the biggest respect out of all those services.

I work at school (the one I graduated from) as a secretary - it's an afternoon part-time job and I'm barely doing things for the school itself, rather for the foundation that is governing it. We are organizing a contest for our region from Polish&Literature and Maths and that's a lot of job to do, including requests for financial support from local authorities, mail, selling the book with the examples of tasks and solutions... besides we rent out our gym in the afternoon and we are closed from inside so I let those people in, I need to take payments from them, the same for people who are sending their children out of our school to our afternoon classes... But usually I have enough time to watch Eurosport Player (like ski jumping today), at least with the "picture-in-picture" mode.

“Picture-in-picture” got my through lecture classes in high school. Nothing like watching cross country skiing while learning about how members of the state senate are chosen (which should be common knowledge really) :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

“Picture-in-picture” got my through lecture classes in high school. Nothing like watching cross country skiing while learning about how members of the state senate are chosen (which should be common knowledge really) :p

I was studying before the era of PIP so... we watched the FIS World Champs in Lahti during our classes from Finnish. Yes, that was my idea, but our teacher was also a fan of ski jumping.

Edited by Vojthas

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’ve always wondered what jobs people have on here. Anyone care to share?

No job at the moment. I'm hopefully going to finish my BSc in Political Science in June. The plan afterwards is to study a 1-year Master's programme at the University of Ljubljana in Slovenia. I have applied for a Master's in Police Analysis and Public Administration and a Master's in Political Theory. Hopefully I will be accepted into one of them.

Edited by Wumo

Just now, Wumo said:

No job at the moment. I'm hopefully going to finish my BSc in Political Science in June. The plan afterwards is to study a 1-year Master's programme at the University of Ljubljana in Slovenia. I have applied for a M.A. in Police Analysis and Public Administration and a M. A. in Political Theory. Hopefully I will be accepted into one of them.

That reminds me, I need to apply for study abroad in London this fall. Political Science was another route I looked into, but no one was able to convince me to join. I enjoy politics (I know, shocking), but I just couldn’t see myself doing something I love in political science, as where I could in communications (emphasis in Public Relations, Social Media, and Journalism). From what I’ve seen Ljubljana looks pretty nice, I hope you get accepted.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

That reminds me, I need to apply for study abroad in London this fall. Political Science was another route I looked into, but no one was able to convince me to join. I enjoy politics (I know, shocking), but I just couldn’t see myself doing something I love in political science, as where I could in communications (emphasis in Public Relations, Social Media, and Journalism). From what I’ve seen Ljubljana looks pretty nice, I hope you get accepted.

Thanks :) By studying abroad, I hope my chance of working in a European or International organisation increases. The dream at the moment is to work at an embassy in a Balkan country. 

• 3 years later...

@intoronto let me know if they have room for one more. I’m still looking for employment in the sports industry at the moment :d

Edited by Olympian1010