website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Job Thread

Olympian1010

14 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’ve always wondered what jobs people have on here. Anyone care to share?

I finally found a job at surveyor's office last week.

I should start working in a couple of weeks, but that's all assuming we stay corona-free and the market doesn't completely crash by then... So yeah... :p

#banbestmen

19 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I'm currently studying tourism (after studying English for 3 years and then working for 2 years at a gas station because I didn't know what to do after my diploma :lol: I'm still not sure tourism is what I want to do though, so... :dunno:)

23 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

None since my project at the City Archive ran out of money (well, there's a bit, but not enough to pay a full-time employee) just before christmas.

22 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

None:thumbup:

Same, though I’m still a student, and I have TM as a side gig so...not really “unemployed” then.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

I'm currently studying tourism (after studying English for 3 years and then working for 2 years at a gas station because I didn't know what to do after my diploma :lol: I'm still not sure tourism is what I want to do though, so... :dunno:)

I always thought about studying tourism, and I tested very well into the that category. However, it came down to Psychology and Communication Studies for me in the end. There’s also still a chance I might do some Marketing studies as well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

36 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Test administrator at Pearson VUE :p 

https://home.pearsonvue.com/

Although that's because the place where I study has an exam center for people to easily make exams there, so instead of a paid job for me it's mostly an excellent opportunity to study all day and in the meantime check people in and out for their exams and pay attention they're not cheating or something.

Pretty soon it's possibly going to move to something more like a real 3-month traineeship somewhere, potentially as a step to working there, in the field of system administration.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I always thought about studying tourism, and I tested very well into the that category. However, it came down to Psychology and Communication Studies for me in the end. There’s also still a chance I might do some Marketing studies as well.

Is there a field you think you can not do? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!