website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

26 minutes ago, rybak said:

If someone is interested, my grandmother leave this world tonight... Despite being in home and feeling better three days ago she had suddenly problems with breathing, was moved to hospital, yesterday she feels better that even was able to talk and tonight happened what happened :cry:

Sorry for your loss buddy :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

29 minutes ago, rybak said:

If someone is interested, my grandmother leave this world tonight... Despite being in home and feeling better three days ago she had suddenly problems with breathing, was moved to hospital, yesterday she feels better that even was able to talk and tonight happened what happened :cry:

Really sad to hear that. I am sorry for your loss.

Seems like most EU countries will not be using AstraZeneca for the 65+ meaning that other groups of people (especially in health care) could be getting the vaccine faster while  older people will keep on waiting.

Meanwhile EMA has started a rolling review of the NOVAVAX vaccine meaning that it could be getting closer to approval though it's a different process. Johnson & Johnson has been under rolling review since december and are yet to file (though it's hopefully coming this month).

In Denmark the plan for finishing the vaccines has been moved a week meaning that everybody's expected to get it by the start of july. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems like there's a major scepsis around the EU when it comes to AstraZeneca's vaccine meaning that millions of doses are waiting to be used. 

Now Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen states that Denmark will be ready to buy the doses if countries aren't gonna use them. Just in Germany it seems like more than a million doses have been distributed without being used. That could be a massive boost in Denmark but could also be distributed to poorer countries. Everything but keeping them on the shelves would be good!

38 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Got my Blue Envelope of DOOM!!! :hyper: on Wednesday.  Am going for my injection on Monday at 08:30.

I’ll keep posting for as long as I can after that, before I turn into a gigantic insect.

I would very much like to hear how much better the internet becomes after getting the shot. It really sounds incredible! :p