website statistics

Track Cycling at the Cycling UCI World Championships 2023

Totallympics

a bit worrying performance by our men's quartet, but they said today's gonna be different

I just want to trust them, but I'm not sure right now they're good enough to match the Danes :mumble:

on the other hand, despite the 10th place, one more big improvement by our speed guys, almost 4/10 of a second taken off the National Record

now we're "only" 8/10 of a second outside the bronze medal contenders...in LA I think we'll be there

by the way, Predomo is already coming...yesterday he was the quickest among the final lap riders, even quicker than King Lavreysen :hyper:

we might have finally found a true heir of the great times featuring the Maspes, Gaiardoni and so on :fingers:

Depressing results for Germany. Only the female sprinters can compete for medals. The men have been shit for almost a decade now, the gap doesn't get any smaller. Right now i wouldn't even bet on Germany winning gold in women's team sprint in Paris, GB will probably have another big time drop next year. Would be interesting to know if men and women are using the same bike (in different sizes)?

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

37 minutes ago, phelps said:

by the way, Predomo is already coming...yesterday he was the quickest among the final lap riders, even quicker than King Lavreysen :hyper:

Lavreysen is not the finisher, he's always n°2. It was, as usual, Hoogland, who seems to be on a (relative) downward trajectory. But I feel he was in control yesterday, given the crazy first two laps. It may have been the fastest the NL have ever been since I don't remember seeing van den Berg closing in less than 17.1 (17.06).

37 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Depressing results for Germany. Only the female sprinters can compete for medals. The men have been shit for almost a decade now, the gap doesn't get any smaller. Right now i wouldn't even bet on Germany winning gold in women's team sprint in Paris, GB will probably have another big time drop next year. Would be interesting to know if men and women are using the same bike (in different sizes)?

Well, it seems the women have made huge progress after the appointment of Kaarle McCulloch, who appears to have left lately, so ...

Should they manage to find a better starter (which has always been their male counteparts' strength), they could become favorite.

Pretty much on par performance for the Italian women’s pursuit this year though. They’re a good bit behind GB, France and Germany in Europe alone

The top 9 today (including :IRL in 9th) are all pretty much guaranteed Olympic qualification now IMO