website statistics

Athletics WA World Championships 2023

Totallympics

28 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

Watching the Monday Day 3 evening session again to refresh some Budapest memories (Swoboda 100m SF/F story) and i have one question about M triple jump - will Andy Diaz be eligible for ITA in Paris?

For what it's worth: the Dutch commentator said he will be, yes :p 

I believe the procedures are in such a way that this year he still wouldn't, as per the rules, but next year he should. At least I hope so, it's already sad enough he had to DNS in Tokyo just to be able to compete for not-Cuba in time for Paris.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 months later...
On 8/29/2023 at 5:19 PM, atlana said:

I think is not related to speed (hurdles, steeplechase), or judgement (disqualifications in horizontal jumps or lines in 200 or 400 meters). It is about events with a long history behind, And they are supported by many different countries all over the world: Japan, China, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, Spain, Italy, Sweden...Coincidentally, no one is an English-speaking country.

Worth pointing out that race walking began in an English speaking country that also produced many Olympic champions and medallists in the sport during its long history.

On 12/4/2023 at 8:21 PM, Nickyc707 said:

Worth pointing out that race walking began in an English speaking country that also produced many Olympic champions and medallists in the sport during its long history.

long history,  yes but actually long time ago. Roller skating sports are very popular in South America and the mediterranean area, but no one second is wasted in thinking them as olympic sports. Instead, three "popular-all-around-the-world" team sports are included: quota reduction for other disciplines. I am not sure, but I think that olympic movement must stop for a minute and think about their future, speaking in broad terms: sports included, city election, bidding process, composition of the own IOC itself (too many princes and sheikhs...), I am not very optimistic for sure

• 3 weeks later...

Brak dostępnego opisu zdjęcia.

One of my fav sports moments of the year 2023 heh. This photo was taken in Budapest just a few hours after Hammer Throw WCH final. A guy on the right has just won the whole thing and is celebrating it with a well-deserved glass of beer. Dude on the left didn't make it through the national prelims... :facepalm:

Edited by rafalgorka

17 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

One of my fav sports moments of the year 2023 heh. This photo was taken in Budapest just a few hours after Hammer Throw WCH final. A guy on the right has just won the whole thing and is celebrating it with a well-deserved glass of beer. Dude on the left didn't make it through the national prelims... :facepalm:

A litre of beer!

Anyway, this whole week in Budapest was fun. On the left, Piotr Lisek, our pole vaulter, one of my fav POL athletes these days. On the right - you may know this guy, a terrible spammer here on TO.

Edited by rafalgorka