website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

Boe basically lost one minute on going back to complete the loop. Still better than the 2 min penalty if he skipped it alltogether.

Don't look now but :LTU has a shot at some WC points. Vytautas Strolia only 1:50 behind Fourcade with 1 miss!

@Werloc will be satisfied :p

Edited by Monzanator

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Boe basically lost one minute on going back to complete the loop. Still better than the 2 min penalty if he skipped it alltogether.

Don't look now but :LTU has a shot at some WC points. Vytautas Strolia only 1:50 behind Fourcade with 1 miss!

@Werloc will be satisfied :p

And so will I .

3 minutes ago, penthatlonfan said:

What s with the schoked reaction monzanator ?

I didn't realize we have two Lithuanian biathlon fans in this thread :p

Tomasz Sikora noticed Strolia's result and calls it the biggest shock of the race so far ;) For obvious reasons Karol Dombrovski used to get a quick mention from time to time (and Diana Rasimovicuite when she was still racing but mainly due to her marriage to Bricis).

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I didn't realize we have two Lithuanian biathlon fans in this thread :p

Tomasz Sikora noticed Strolia's result and calls it the biggest shock of the race so far ;) For obvious reasons Karol Dombrovski used to get a quick mention from time to time (and Diana Rasimovicuite when she was still racing but mainly due to her marriage to Bricis).

I actually only started actively  watching this season, but I do enjoy watching it, and supporting the Lithuanians, dombrovski is also doing well, dind t know that rasimoviciute married a latvian biathlete and a succesfull one too. Biahtlon for me asociates with the fact that Lithuania almost won an olympic medal in it in 2014. it would of been the first one ever.    

Just catching up now and all my prophecies of DOOM for Oberhof :old: yesterday are being fulfilled.  There was a picture today of a rubber bath duck in one of the shooting range ponds. :d.  Just hope they have enough snow in a warehouse somewhere for the weekend. :fingers:

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

Just catching up now and all my prophecies of DOOM for Oberhof :old: yesterday are being fulfilled.  There was a picture today of a rubber bath duck in one of the shooting range ponds. :d.  Just hope they have enough snow in a warehouse somewhere for the weekend. :fingers:

They shipped the snow from World Team Challenge in Gelsenkirchen over to Oberhof ;)

Well, I was working today, but I of course, managed to find a way to somewhat track the men's sprint on my phone :d

All I can say is that IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!

This is history made for Lithuanian biathlon. This is the first time that two Lithuanian biathletes end up with points in a single race, the first time that three Lithuanian biathletes have won points in a season and the highest ever placement for Lithuanian men in World Cup biathlon, because Kaukėnas only ever got inside top 20 in World Championships or Olympics.

Vytautas Strolia became a father a couple of hours before the race started, there's a whole interview about that one now that I'll head to read right now.

This is also the second time in Karol's career that he enters a Top 40.

Also, I had this joke with my friend and I said that Lithuanian men will definitely get into points, because we always do, when there's no pursuit afterwards. It's so funny right now :d