website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

Only Eckhoff finished below 40 minutes, this must be the longest mass start for women ever?

Tomasz Sikora said that Kamila Zuk told him the course was basically all mud barely covered by snow due to the persistent rain so I imagine today was the same. The pace was dog slow indeed.

Janina Hettich retired in the morning so the second alternate E.Gasparin took her place. Michael Greis was checking yesterday evening if anyone will pull out since Zuk was the first alternate but nobody confirmed so the Polish team packed up early. Guess Greis was fooled by his German buddies after all :wacko:

51 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Only Eckhoff finished below 40 minutes, this must be the longest mass start for women ever?

Tomasz Sikora said that Kamila Zuk told him the course was basically all mud barely covered by snow due to the persistent rain so I imagine today was the same. The pace was dog slow indeed.

Janina Hettich retired in the morning so the second alternate E.Gasparin took her place. Michael Greis was checking yesterday evening if anyone will pull out since Zuk was the first alternate but nobody confirmed so the Polish team packed up early. Guess Greis was fooled by his German buddies after all :wacko:

surely, no...

Turin 2006 Mass Start was won by :SWE Anna Carin Olofsson in 40:36...just to name one...

actually, Turin 2006 was surely the slowest mass start ever in the men's division (:GER Michael Greis won that in over 47 mins), but I'm not aware if that was the slowest mass start ever in the women's division...:mumble: