website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2019

3 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Because it was different? :d 

Good vocals, catchy melody, good instrumental. Can't really get behind Australia since I've listened to that song more than a 100 times and even performed it during gigs for endless times, so I would've been happy to see any other Vance Joy song there instead of Riptide :d Saying that, it hurt that nobody could overtake it for 11 points, because the love for that song just wasn't there anymore. And that's why Netherlands are in third, because they were the only other song to really deal damage due to its diversity, melody, vocals, generally standing out of the context. Everything below top 3 would've struggled to make top 12 in some years, because they're not too memorable :(

I remember the melody of "She's a mod" better than my 4th place :/

Edited by Werloc

Coat of arms of Hungary.svg

Tipo PRESS Regular 

Billedresultat for hungary folk music"

:POR PORTUGAL 12
 :NOR NORWAY 11
 :ARG ARGENTINA 10
 :SWE SWEDEN 9
 :CRO CROATIA 8
 :ALG ALGERIA 7
 :AUS AUSTRALIA 6
 :CHI CHILE 5
 :LTU LITHUANIA 4
 :DEN DENMARK 3
 :NED NETHERLANDS 2
 :FIN FINLAND 1

These were the votes of Hungary. Thank you all!  

Just now, Werloc said:

Good vocals, catchy melody, good instrumental. Can't really get behind Australia since I've listened to that song more than a 100 times and even performed it during gigs for endless times, so I would've been happy to see any other Vance Joy song there instead of Riptide :d Saying that, it hurt that nobody could overtake it for 11 points, because the love for that song just wasn't there anymore. And that's why Netherlands are in third, because they were the only other song to really deal damage due to its diversity, melody, vocals, generally standing out of the context. Everything below 3 would've struggled to make top 12 in some years, because they're not too memorable :(

That's why "She's a mod" got so many points :p 

On contrary, I enjoyed this edition more than usual

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I guess it just can not stop playing in Lithuanian cars nowadays :d

This Lithuanian sadly doesn't have a car and I cannot play TISC songs on my Spotify playlists, because @Bohemia can track me down on last.fm :lol:

Just now, Werloc said:

Good vocals, catchy melody, good instrumental. Can't really get behind Australia since I've listened to that song more than a 100 times and even performed it during gigs for endless times, so I would've been happy to see any other Vance Joy song there instead of Riptide :d Saying that, it hurt that nobody could overtake it for 11 points, because the love for that song just wasn't there anymore. And that's why Netherlands are in third, because they were the only other song to really deal damage due to its diversity, melody, vocals, generally standing out of the context. Everything below 3 would've struggled to make top 12 in some years, because they're not too memorable :(

I couldn't really think of a good Vance joy song to fit the rules. All the songs I wanted are too young.