website statistics

International Olympic Committee News

George_D

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 hours ago, NearPup said:

But I have long wanted to see a third edition of the Olympics focussed on esports and mind sports (like chess), so in that sense I’m very supportive of this. But Bach has so drop his silly opposition to esports that “glorify violence”.

Indeed. Funny how the likes of boxing, wrestling, and indeed, fencing do not "glorify violence". :)

#banbestmen

13 minutes ago, dcro said:

Indeed. Funny how the likes of boxing, wrestling, and indeed, fencing do not "glorify violence". :)

Volleyball has a statistic called “kill”. Volleyball is literally a sport where the objective is to have the most kills while limiting errors. Is volleyball glorifying violence?

41 minutes ago, dcro said:

Funny how the likes of boxing, wrestling, and indeed, fencing do not "glorify violence". :)

Exactly. A sport where one method of winning is to hit your opponent in such a jarring fashion that it causes a traumatic brain injury or cardiac event :wacko:

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

20 hours ago, NearPup said:

The IOC is considering a proposal to make Bach the Eternal President of the IOC.

(or rather they are considering letting him run for a third term, but… ya)

Interestingly, it seems that idea was introduced by regional bodies. ANOCA, CentroCaribeSports, and ODESUR leaders were the first to speak in support. 

Every reaction I’ve seen to this idea today has made fun of the IOC’s “good governance” or “sustainability” push.

Yesterday few executive members "suggested" to keep Mr Bach for years and years  ..was waiting a military orchestra with "BACK ...BACH..." in the background 

Today same people have got 4 yrs extention as executive board members ... 

My mind is confused and have a suspicious ...are these situations related :raspberry:

All I can hear in back of my mind is ....."BACH ...BACH" :stars:

Edited by El Analyzer

10 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Interestingly, it seems that idea was introduced by regional bodies. ANOCA, CentroCaribeSports, and ODESUR leaders were the first to speak in support. 

Every reaction I’ve seen to this idea today has made fun of the IOC’s “good governance” or “sustainability” push.

All International bodies in sport & politics are corrupt in the same way & for the same reason. A small number of nations put money in. A large number of nations take money out.  The bureaucrats decide who gets how much.  So the small nations approach the bureaucrats in the same way as the Mayor of Izhevsk approached a personal meeting with Stalin.  

Always while watching IOC sessions during the Bach era came to my mind one of the most famous Chernomyrdin axioms which says "We wanted the best, but it turned out like always." ...

I just couldn´t with Their obsession with aiming mainly on "youth/urban/tictoc era/call it how you want" viewers at the expense of the more traditional Olympics fans, and now we are heading towards a lifelong presidenting of this fencing champion fool

Edited by hckošice