website statistics

Trampoline Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Benolympique said:

for olympic quotas ;

are these the 8 finalists qualified for the olympic games ?

or the 8 countries in ranking order ?

thanks

The quotas will be awarded to the top 8 NOCs - so if a country gets 2 finalists, the quotas will be awarded to the next country based on their performance in Q2.

I think it is similar to shooting qualification - the quotas are awarded to the NOC, but the same athlete cannot win a second quota next year through the world cup series.

2 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

The quotas will be awarded to the top 8 NOCs - so if a country gets 2 finalists, the quotas will be awarded to the next country based on their performance in Q2.

Are you sure about this?

I read it like only athletes who qualify for the Final can qualify a quota place for their NOC, so if 8 athletes from only 4 different NOCs qualify for the Final (2 athletes per NOC), only 4 quota places will be awarded here. And this is why in the document you can read "Total: Minimum 8 athletes, Maximum 16 athletes. Breakdown: Women - Minimum 4 athletes, Maximum 8 athletes. Men - Minimum 4 athletes, Maximum 8 athletes"

28 minutes ago, Sindo said:

Are you sure about this?

I read it like only athletes who qualify for the Final can qualify a quota place for their NOC, so if 8 athletes from only 4 different NOCs qualify for the Final (2 athletes per NOC), only 4 quota places will be awarded here. And this is why in the document you can read "Total: Minimum 8 athletes, Maximum 16 athletes. Breakdown: Women - Minimum 4 athletes, Maximum 8 athletes. Men - Minimum 4 athletes, Maximum 8 athletes"

and only 2 gymnasts per country in the final?

1 hour ago, Sindo said:

Are you sure about this?

Sorry - you're right. I had misread the reference relating to Qualifying 2 as allowing the quotas to go to next highest ranked athlete when in fact it is referring to the handling of NOCs with 2 athletes in the final.