website statistics

Trampoline Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

54 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Women's Trampoline quotas:

:CHN :BRA :CAN :USA :GBR

Okay, but I have a doubt: since Alice finished ahead of Camilla, does it mean that Camilla can still qualify through the World Cup ranking? Or will this be decided only after the final? 

29 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Okay, but I have a doubt: since Alice finished ahead of Camilla, does it mean that Camilla can still qualify through the World Cup ranking? Or will this be decided only after the final? 

According to the qualification system, the first scenario is the correct one, meaning Camilla can get an additional quota for :BRA if she's one of the 3 highest athletes in the Olympic qualification ranking.

Spoiler

"If two (2) athletes from the same NOC participate in the Finals, the highest ranked athlete according to Qualifying Round (Q2) will be taken in consideration for Criteria 1."

"An athlete who obtained a quota place for their NOC via Criteria 1 (2023 WC) may participate but NOT obtain an additional quota place for their NOC."

Meaning :BRA Alice can't obtain a quota via World Cup series. The same for :CHN Hu, :CAN Methot, :USA Stevens and :GBR Songhurst.

It's not that easy for :BRA Camilla to qualify since she'll be competing with the likes of :CHN Zhu and :GBR Page (all qualified for the final here, but behind another athlete from their nations), but she certainly has a better shot than Alice would have.

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

According to the qualification system, the first scenario is the correct one, meaning Camilla can get an additional quota for :BRA if she's one of the 3 highest athletes in the Olympic qualification ranking.

Reveal hidden contents

Meaning :BRA Alice can't obtain a quota via World Cup series. The same for :CHN Hu, :CAN Methot, :USA Stevens and :GBR Songhurst.

It's not that easy for :BRA Camilla to qualify since she'll be competing with the likes of :CHN Zhu and :GBR Page (all qualified for the final here, but behind another athlete from their nations), but she certainly has a better shot than Alice would have.

Are China and Page not in a particularly strong position,? As I read it - the top 3 in the Olympic Qualification rankings can earn a SECOND place for their NOC, provided the first was won at the World Champs.

China currently 1 and 2 Page 3, with a big gap to 4th (don't know if 4th inherits the second chinese place in top 3, I assume not)...

"The highest ranked three (3) athletes of the Olympic Qualification Ranking List may qualify a second quota place for their NOC provided their NOC qualified through the 2023 World Championships."

Edited by mpjmcevoy

33 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Are China and Page not in a particularly strong position,? As I read it - the top 3 in the Olympic Qualification rankings can earn a SECOND place for their NOC, provided the first was won at the World Champs.

China currently 1 and 2 Page 3, with a big gap to 4th (don't know if 4th inherits the second chinese place in top 3, I assume not)...

"The highest ranked three (3) athletes of the Olympic Qualification Ranking List may qualify a second quota place for their NOC provided their NOC qualified through the 2023 World Championships."

That's why I said that it won't be that easy for Camilla to get a second quota for :BRA since :CHN and :GBR are in very good position for a second quota...

3 hours ago, Benolympique said:

do you have a ranking for the world cup series? how many quotas? THANKS

I'm sure there's someone out there who can answer that Ben.

I believe there are 16 spots available in total in each event.

WC – 5 (could have been 4–8)

Host – 1

Tripartite – 1

Continental (Africa & Oceania) – 2

Rankings – 7?

If only three from the rankings then how are the other other four places determined?

As I understand it the five NOCs in each event that gained spots at the WC are the only ones that can secure a second quota.

1 hour ago, Nickyc707 said:

I'm sure there's someone out there who can answer that Ben.

I believe there are 16 spots available in total in each event.

WC – 5 (could have been 4–8)

Host – 1

Tripartite – 1

Continental (Africa & Oceania) – 2

Rankings – 7?

If only three from the rankings then how are the other other four places determined?

As I understand it the five NOCs in each event that gained spots at the WC are the only ones that can secure a second quota.

The "highest ranked three (3) athletes" rule applies only for the nations that already qualified an athlete. For example, if qualification ended today, :CHN and :GBR would get a second quota via ranking in women's trampoline, and :CHN in men's. The other places would go to NOCs that have not qualified an gymnast yet.

Also, in the end I think both the host and the Oceania spot will be unused as they should qualify via ranking.