website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2023

Totallympics

There is s rumor circling around that the great Sadulaev is not in yet. UWW head of social media had a tweet saying nothing is confirmed about the Russians (specially Sadulaev who once participated in one of Putin's things) and we will know for sure only on Friday!

On other hands Russian sources keep repeating that all of them including Sidakov are going! Olympic champ Sidakov and 92kg guy V. Valiev are NOT in the entry list published by UWW

What a mess :facepalm:UWW should did all this vetting process months ago. 

Edited by MHSN

Sidakov wasn't on the entry list when I checked it few hours ago but now he is there :lol:

of course personally I'm against banning athletes for non-sporting related reasons so I'm glad everybody is allowed to wrestle. but they set a criteria and didn't stand on it. even they rejected Sidakov, Mamiashvili forced them to include his name too. this is another evidence that Mamiashvili has the whole UWW in his pocket

edit: UWW officially confirmed that

https://uww.org/article/olympic-champs-sadulaev-sidakov-uguev-headline-ain-freestyle-world-team

Edited by MHSN

On 9/12/2023 at 8:44 PM, MHSN said:

Sidakov wasn't on the entry list when I checked it few hours ago but now he is there :lol:

of course personally I'm against banning athletes for non-sporting related reasons so I'm glad everybody is allowed to wrestle. but they set a criteria and didn't stand on it. even they rejected Sidakov, Mamiashvili forced them to include his name too. this is another evidence that Mamiashvili has the whole UWW in his pocket

edit: UWW officially confirmed that

https://uww.org/article/olympic-champs-sadulaev-sidakov-uguev-headline-ain-freestyle-world-team

Let's imagine: someone lost to Sidakov and failed to qualify for the Olympics. Then he takes all the regulations released by the IOC and UWW and goes to TAS/CAS. I do not see any chances for him to lose in the court.

UWW is really boring. They had half a year but have to make last-minute decisions.

Latest news on russian participants from Ukarinian sources.

Semenov (GR) was ruled out by the UWW.

The list of AIN delegation is still under review (UWW commission is trying to refuse photo evidences of war support). 

At least several national federations have doubts that AINs are eligible to win Olympic quotas. One of the reasons - the same as in Rowing - according to the official documents quota belongs to NOC, but AINs do not represnt any NOC. Thus they cannot win quotas under the current rules.

image.jpeg