website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Meanwhile :SVK will also send to the worlds its mini-team.

A 5 members squad made of 4 Russian born men and 1 Hungarian origin girl. Who said we not a multicultural country ? :p

Jokes aside, some of them are living here for quite a while, and the most important, all of them are perfectly established and fully integrated in our society and even more important everyone of them is speaking fluent slovak, some of them even better than by some native slovaks I would even say...

Remember, this is still not the final list

(there still a very slim chance also for Batyrbek Tsakulov in FS -97kg, but only if he´ll receive his Slovak ID card in time (our federation together with the NOC are trying hard in this topic to force the ministry to work a bit faster than they are used to... yeah, sweet slovak bureacracy...) our federation asked him if he does not want to lose weight in order to start in the non-olympic -92 here (in opposite of the olympic events he does not need the ID card to start in a non-olympic class at this world champs) but he refused and still hoping he can receive the officialized citizenship in time... well, let see...

so far, this is the roster for the worlds

M FS

-74kg Tajmuraz Salkazanov

-79kg Akhsarbek Gulaev

-86kg Boris Makoev

-92kg Ermak Kardanov

W FS

-68kg Zsuzsanna Molnár

19 hours ago, phelps said:

p.s. Daily Pass for the upcoming World Champs is 5€, the full Tournament Pass is 15€ :facepalm:

just another sport to be cancelled from my schedule :cry:

This is the worst news of the year :( not because that's a big money which it isn't but it's simply hard/impossible for people in my country to pay anything thanks to the leader of so-called "free world" and its sanctions against everything and everybody. good job by UWW to lose half of its fans. (I think our state TV will find a way to show things but still I love to watch all 4 mats, this is the biggest event of the year)

any chance that's only for the final package and preliminaries are still free ? :question:

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

This is the worst news of the year :( not because that's a big money which it isn't but it's simply hard/impossible for people in my country to pay anything thanks to the leader of so-called "free world" and its sanctions against everything and everybody. good job by UWW to lose half of its fans. (I think our state TV will find a way to show things but still I love to watch all 4 mats, this is the biggest event of the year)

any chance that's only for the final package and preliminaries are still free ? :question:

Judging by other federations, hardly. 

Nowadays, streams are either 100 % free or 100% PPV.

Our wrestling preperation for this championship is really poor. There has been the terrible me too scandal with the president at the center. Our top wrestlers on the street. Then the federation election issues. Finally our federation suspended...with this drama our wrestlers have been without proper coaching , participation in any ranking tournaments and hence not ranked. It is total chaos. Also the experienced core team was at the center of this so ( bajrang , vinesh, Deepak punia  our world medallists have opted out of the tournament , Ravi our tokyo Olympic silver lost the trials , anshu our world silver medallist is injured ) ..:cry: 

The Indian side for the world wrestling 

Greco-Roman

• Ajay - 55kg
  • Manish - 60kg
  • Vikram - 63kg
  • Vinayak - 67kg
  • Ankit Gulia - 72kg
  • Gurpreet Singh - 77kg
  • Sajan - 82kg
  • Manoj Kumar - 87kg
  • Shailesh - 97kg
  • Mehar Singh - 130kg

Women’s freestyle

• Neelam Sirohi - 50kg
  • Antim Panghal - 53kg
  • Neha - 55kg
  • Sarita Mor - 57kg
  • Anjali - 59kg
  • Manisha Bhanwala - 62kg
  • Antim Kundu - 65kg
  • Priyanka - 68kg
  • Jyoti Berwal - 72kg
  • Divya Kakran - 76kg

Men’s freestyle

• Aman Sherawat - 57kg
  • Akash Dahiya - 61kg
  • Anuj Kumar - 65kg
  • Abhimanyu - 70kg
  • Naveen Malik - 74kg
  • Sachin More - 79kg
  • Sandeep Mann - 86kg
  • Pruthviraj Patil - 92kg
  • Sahil - 97kg
  • Sumit Malik - 125kg

FREESTYLE

Our hopes will rest on Aman sherawat who is after all the Asian and u23 gold medallist in 57 

Naveen in 74 came 5th last year so may be a long shot ....

Sachin  More  is a cadet gold medallist from last year  and pruthviraj is cadet bronze from 2021 so are very young but we need see how they  make their transition to senior ranks 

GRECO 

No hopes realistically but gurpreet (77) and sajan (82) may be our best bets. 

WOMEN

Two youngsters are our best bet here 

Obviously antim pangal who is a double gold medallist in the under 20 world championship and a silver in the senior Asian championship can be our best bet in 53 KG

Antim kundu is a silver medallist from the same under 20 edition in 65 would be a long shot 

Sarita mor is the only existing world championship medallist in this bunch so hasa chance along with Divya kakran,  an asian games bronze and u23 world bronze ...  

But with no preperation or ranking this may be a tough road for us, I am hoping a couple of wrestlers from this may still break through

Edited by Sindo

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

:BUL is sending a team of 23 wrestlers. Wishing them good luck.

Men's Freestyle

• Georgi Vangelov - 57kg
  • Stilyan Iliev - 61kg
  • Mikyay Naim - 65kg
  • Ramazan Ramazanov - 70kg
  • Ali-Pasha Umarpashev - 74kg
  • Mihail Georgiev - 79kg
  • Iliya Hristov - 86kg
  • Ahmed Magamaev - 92kg
  • Ahmed Bataev - 97kg
  • Islam Adizov - 125kg

Greco-Roman

• Edmond Nazaryan - 60kg
  • Abu-Muslim Amaev - 63kg
  • Ivo Iliev - 67kg
  • Stoyan Kubatov - 72kg
  • Ayk Mnatsakanyan - 77kg
  • Semen Novikov - 87kg
  • Kiril Milov - 97kg

Women's Freestyle

• Evelina Nikolova - 57kg
  • Dzhanan Manolova - 59kg
  • Bilyana Dudova - 62kg
  • Mimi Hristova - 65kg
  • Yuliyana Yaneva - 68kg
  • Sofia Georgieva - 72kg

The biggest absentee is Taybe Yusein (bronze medalist from Tokyo), Miglena Selishka and Georgi Ivanov.

My high hopes are for at least 3-5 quotas for most likely Edmond Nazaryan, Kiril Milov, Evelina Nikolova, Yuliyana Yaneva and Bilyana Dudova. 

22 minutes ago, Bulgaria87 said:

:BUL is sending a team of 23 wrestlers. Wishing them good luck.

Men's Freestyle

• Georgi Vangelov - 57kg
  • Stilyan Iliev - 61kg
  • Mikyay Naim - 65kg
  • Ramazan Ramazanov - 70kg
  • Ali-Pasha Umarpashev - 74kg
  • Mihail Georgiev - 79kg
  • Iliya Hristov - 86kg
  • Ahmed Magamaev - 92kg
  • Ahmed Bataev - 97kg
  • Islam Adizov - 125kg

Greco-Roman

• Edmond Nazaryan - 60kg
  • Abu-Muslim Amaev - 63kg
  • Ivo Iliev - 67kg
  • Stoyan Kubatov - 72kg
  • Ayk Mnatsakanyan - 77kg
  • Semen Novikov - 87kg
  • Kiril Milov - 97kg

Women's Freestyle

• Evelina Nikolova - 57kg
  • Dzhanan Manolova - 59kg
  • Bilyana Dudova - 62kg
  • Mimi Hristova - 65kg
  • Yuliyana Yaneva - 68kg
  • Sofia Georgieva - 72kg

The biggest absentee is Taybe Yusein (bronze medalist from Tokyo), Miglena Selishka and Georgi Ivanov.

My high hopes are for at least 3-5 quotas for most likely Edmond Nazaryan, Kiril Milov, Evelina Nikolova, Yuliyana Yaneva and Bilyana Dudova. 

What about Semen Novikov?

Team :CAN :yes

Women's Freestyle

Madison Parks - 50kg

Samantha Stewart - 53kg

Karla Godinez - 55kg

Hannah Taylor - 57kg

Laurence Beauregard - 59kg

Ana Godinez - 62kg

Aleah Nickel - 65kg

Olivia Di Bacco - 68kg

Shauna Kuebeck - 72kg

Justina Di Stasio - 76kg

Men's Freestyle

Treye Trotman - 57kg

Nick Lattanze - 61kg

Lachlan McNeil - 65kg

Mike Asselstine - 70kg

Adam Thomson - 74kg

Alex Moore - 86kg

Tejvir Boal - 92kg

Nishan Randhawa - 97kg

Notably, Wiecker (lost at trials), Morais (also lost at trials), and Dhesi (didn't compete this year, i'm assuming due to injury) failed to make the team. Hoping for 3-5 quotas (W62, W68, W76, and maybe one or two of W50/W53?) in women's freestyle. Maybe my expectations are too low/high though. For our men, best chance would be McNeil, but unlikely.