website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

14 minutes ago, MHSN said:

UWW keeps updating the links I posted earlier about the entries , if you check you can see some changes.

they removed Olympic Champion :USA Gable Steveson two days ago , it first it looked like a mistake but now it's confirmed that he withdrew from the competition. no reason announced yet. maybe the fake wrestling organization didn't want him to lose in a real wrestling competition. :dunno:

still no sign of Russian wrestlers in freestyle list but I heard from several sources that they are coming, apparently still negotiating with UWW about certain wrestlers to be allowed. and the competition starts in 10 days :facepalm:

do you have the link to the entries?

49 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

do you have the link to the entries?

that's already posted

old links but UWW keeps updating them whenever someone changes a wrestler

https://uww.org/article/greco-roman-entries-released-2023-world-championships

https://uww.org/article/freestyle-entries-released-2023-world-championships

https://uww.org/article/womens-wrestling-entries-announced-2023-world-championships

not strictly related to the World Championships only, but still important also for that...

UWW goes pay! :yikes: :facepalm: :hairpull:

UWW announces launch of UWW+

United World Wrestling has launched UWW+, a new subscription-based video platform built for wrestling fans around the world.

As a UWW+ subscriber, an individual will get access to video on demand, the biggest wrestling events of the season -- including the world and continental championships and the Ranking Series events -- captivating docuseries, exclusive off-the-mat content and much more.

With three different subscription models, a subscriber will be able to tailor the subscription plans to their needs.

The three subscription plans include a daily pass, pay-per-match, or a tournament pass.

The UWW+ aims to bring wrestling closer to its fans and audience.

The model will give wrestling fans an experience like no other.

Follow the action from the upcoming World Championships, and enjoy the best wrestling content all in one place.

Click here to sign up for UWW+ -> Subscribe now!

PPV plan for each evening session for SF & final is priced at €4 . 
I was so looking forward to these championships , now depending on results I might go for the PPV plan . 
With the team we are sending , I don’t expect more than 2/3 making it to the SFs . Perhaps 1/2 in olympic category. 

On 9/1/2023 at 1:51 AM, MHSN said:

57 Zavur Uguev

61 Abasgadzhi Magomedov

65 Shamil Mamedov

70 Evgeny Zherbaev

74 Zaurbek Sidakov

79 Akhmed Usmanov

86 Arslan Bagaev

92 Vladislav Valiev

97 Abdulrashid Sadulaev

125 Abdulla Kurbanov

the list is out, Olympic Champion Sidakov is not in it , most probably UWW rejected his name. they had to send their 2nd guy Cherman Valiev

they also changed their 92kg wrestler but I believe that was their own decision. Magomed Kurbanov is simply much better