website statistics

Sprint Canoeing ICF World Championships 2023

Totallympics

29 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Today we are feeling probably like Lithuania felt about Basketball for Tokyo.

Now, I know very well your pain

Hope this will change something in our federation and we´ll restart from scratch building the nation´s pride flagship for LA

Once again, congrats to all qualified boats and good luck in Paris :)

I'm a Lithuanian that's not into basketball what so ever, so I felt nothing :lol: 

I would say I felt horrible and every single canoe sprint athlete felt horrible when they made the 200m distances non-Olympic for men :p 

Olympic quotas

"Q" - athlete quota

"HQ" - host quota

"D" - doubling-up, reallocation

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
MK1 59 7 :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT :FRA      
            HQ      
MK2 12 :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT        

MK4 40 :GER :HUN :UKR :AUS :DEN :LTU :ESP :SRB :CAN :CHN
Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q
MC1 22 6 :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT :FRA        
          HQ        
MC2 16 :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT    

WK1 59 7 :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT :FRA      
            HQ      
WK2 12 :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT        

WK4 40 :NZL :POL :ESP :CHN :AUS :SRB :HUN :GER :NOR :CAN
Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q
WC1 22 6 :CUB :ESP :CHN :USA :CHI :FRA        
Q Q Q Q Q HQ        
WC2 16 :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT :WHT    

Total MK MC WK WC
:CHN 9 4   4 1
:ESP 9 4   4 1
:AUS 8 4   4  
:CAN 8 4   4  
:GER 8 4   4  
:HUN 8 4   4  
:SRB 8 4   4  
:DEN 4 4      
:FRA 4 1 1 1 1
:LTU 4 4      
:NOR 4     4  
:NZL 4     4  
:POL 4     4  
:UKR 4 4      
:CHI 1       1
:CUB 1       1
:USA 1       1

Someone with a PhD please explain this:

So, if by chance Lithuania qualifies in K2, we just lose the qualification spot by default, because Maldonis is already in our K4, and then if we want to send a K2 we'll have to requalify in continental championships with a different team member for the 2 available European spots?? 

5 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Someone with a PhD please explain this:

So, if by chance Lithuania qualifies in K2, we just lose the qualification spot by default, because Maldonis is already in our K4, and then if we want to send a K2 we'll have to requalify in continental championships with a different team member for the 2 available European spots?? 

You can keep one athlete quota if your other athlete in the K2 boat wasn't in the K4 boat. So you would have 5 athlete quotas and you can compete for the 6th in K1.

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

You can keep one athlete quota if your other athlete in the K2 boat wasn't in the K4 boat. So you would have 5 athlete quotas and you can compete for the 6th in K1.

Oh my god, so we can still qualify with two additional boats then at these championships :)

I wonder if our K2 and C2 is successful, will we try to cheese our way into a K1 quota, sending a different rower in that discipline, when the continental qualification for Europe is held. 

We will have 4 finals tomorrow in Olympic events, here are the athletes in them who already won quotas:

Men's C1 1000m

none, this is the first men's canoe Olympic final here

Men's K1 1000m

none, as you would expect there isn't really an overlap between this event and the K4 500m

Women's K1 500m

:HUN Csipes

:NZL Carrington

:SRB Novakovic

So this means that the 6 other athletes in Final A already won the athlete quotas.

Women's C2 500m

:CUB Cirilo Duboys

:ESP Jacome

So it's already guaranteed that :CAN Jensen will win an athlete quota in C1 due to the inevitable double-up. If both Spain and Cuba finish inside the Top8, :UKR Luzan wins a C1 quota. If all of Spain, Cuba and Ukraine finish inside the Top8, :POL Borowska wins a C1 quota. 

W C1 200m might be the only event where a majority of quotas don’t go to Europe. Pan America has the upper hand there.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela