website statistics

Football 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

35 minutes ago, Thagard said:

Surprises never cease :d If they go all the way through to the final will they change the community rules for this?

By the way, what on earth happened in PEC Zwolle - Den Bosch?

Coach said: "We're going anyway"

Club president said: "A final on Sunday is just not possible."

So who knows :p 

Although a TV program, slightly satirical, made me laugh a bit:

"If they win the Cup, they can go into Europe and you might get SV Spakenburg - FC Barcelona. If they win that, they could get into the Champions League, so we'll get SV Spakenburg - Real Madrid. And if they win that, they're going to the Club World Cup and we'll see SV Spakenburg - Boca Juniors."

Then he was asked, with some disbelief, "where will this end?!".

Spoiler

"Most likely in the semifinals against De Graafschap" 

:p 

PEC Zwolle, yeah.... :d Den Bosch is from the southern part of the Netherlands, where it's more Catholic and so Carnival is somehow a thing (which we, here in the center and north, just find odd), so maybe they partied a bit too hard in Carnival week recently :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, owenp_23 said:

MLS Week Two

• St. Louis CITY wins home-opener against Charlotte; now 2-0-0 as a franchise
  • LAFC, Galaxy start 2023 season one week late and encounter different results
  • Seattle playing Sound football (6 goals for, 0 allowed)
  • Just five teams without a point across the league at the moment

Eastern Conference Top Three

1. Miami 2-0-0 4 pts

2. New England 2-0-0 4 pts

3. Atlanta 1-1-0 4 pts

Western Conference Top Three

1. Seattle 2-0-0 6 pts

2. St. Louis 2-0-0 6 pts

3. Nashville 1-1-0 4 pts

i watched this Seattle team against Al Ahly from Egypt in FIFA Club WC , they looked like some amateurs playing football , they didn't have a clue how to pass the ball or shoot on target , i was really surprised that this team supposed to be among the best in MLS 

So today I learned that in the 2026 World Cup qualifiers, there will be a team that can not qualify to the WC even if they win all qualifying matches :d

:NMI is not a FIFA member but will start in the qualifiers (quite a paradox)

DH9ktkpTURBXy9kODRjMzUxYmViZDUyYjFmNDcwY

I also learned today that the best scorer in the local league is a Czech guy, local hotel director (the guy in green) :lol: 9 clubs plays the national league there and its his Tan Holdings Sipan club (sponsored by the hotel range) who is the reigning champion

GtvktkpTURBXy9mNDY4YzgxZTIyOTQwOGVkMmNjO

Concacaf Champions League - Round of 16 Leg 1

Denis Bouanga's hat trick does the trick as :USA LAFC downs :CRC Alajuelense 3-0.

:CAN Vancouver Whitecaps dominate :HON Real Espana 5-0.

Two scoreless draws! :ESA Alianza 0-0 :USA Philadelphia Union / :MEX Tigres 0-0 :USA Orlando City

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

@GrassmarketNot the finest hour for BBC given the growing Gary Lineker saga :whistle:

Would be happy to see the whole lot of them begging in the streets, frankly.  None of them lifted a finger when another ex-England player, Matt Le Tissier was sacked for opposing COVID lockdowns, so they are just getting what they wished on others.

From some of the comments I've seen from people on socials regarding the Linekar saga, many seem to be missing the point. It's not about standing with a white male, middle-class millionaire who lost his job, it's about standing with someone who lost their job becuase they weren't allowed freedom of speech. He had a difference of political opinion to those above him, and unrightfully lost his job because of it. The BBC have shown themselves up big time, I can see this going on for weeks to come.    

Edited by Cinnamon Bun