website statistics

Road Cycling 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

Women’s cycling often a bit lacking in drama, but two great stages to round off the Vuelta yesterday & today.  Even down to the bit where riders emerge suddenly from the clouds at the top of mounrains to save or lose their jerseys!  Not quite oxygen tanks, but pretty near.

Edited by Grassmarket

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

Women’s cycling often a bit lacking in drama, but two great stages to round off the Vuelta yesterday & today.  Even down to the bit where riders emerge suddenly from the clouds at the top of mounrains to save or lose their jerseys!  Not quite oxygen tanks, but pretty near.

I agree. It was exciting until the last seconds. I'm also very impressed by 21-year old :ITA Realini. If she can keep this level, she will be a big force to be reckoned with in the upcoming years.

I enjoyed following the race as well. It’s interesting to see the tactical differences in men’s and women’s cycling at the moment. I did like the running theme of cyclists at least trying to make things interesting for the favorites with random attacks and advantageous moves. 

Vollering :NED looks pretty damn strong at the moment. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I went to the first stage of Tour de Hongrie today. This tour improves each year, it's kinda insane how much it has grown over the years.

Unfortunately there was a big crash before the finish, Bernal was involved.

45 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I went to the first stage of Tour de Hongrie today. This tour improves each year, it's kinda insane how much it has grown over the years.

Unfortunately there was a big crash before the finish, Bernal was involved.

Not the organisers’ fault - they’d picked a nice wide road to finish.  But all the big TdF sprinters & their lead-out men were present so…..

The men in women’s cycling story won’t go away, even if people want it to.  US Cycling development team Cynisca Cycling fires woman for opposing men in women’s sport.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/after-claims-of-intimidation-and-personal-attacks-cynisca-cycling-and-board-member-and-anti-trans-advocate-inga-thompson-part-ways

Edited by Grassmarket

20 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Not the organisers’ fault - they’d picked a nice wide road to finish.  But all the big TdF sprinters & their lead-out men were present so…..

More crashes today, but beautiful thick grass to fall into!  :clap:

:SUI Marc Hirschi likely wins the Tour de Hongrie, unless something unexpected happens in Budapest tomorrow. I am very much pleased with how this year's Tour went here, we had some entertaining stages, and the last one in Budapest should be quite beautiful.

Edited by Vektor

• 2 weeks later...